Rock Solid Stabilization & Reclamation, Inc.
The Terminal Technician supports the daily operations of the Waukegan Terminal in a safe, efficient, environmentally-friendly, sustainable, and quality-assured manner that maintains the high standards of Rock Solid Materials, Inc. The Terminal Technician safely operates and maintains all equipment at the location used to store material and load/unload trucks, rail cars and/or marine vessels while putting safety first and living our Core Values (S-Q-P, 10-4, Butter the Toast, and Black & Yellow).
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas while promoting safe practices throughout the terminal
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment, including coordination of facility and equipment repairs
- Follows all safety procedures, checks for safety hazards and takes corrective action to eliminate safety hazards
- Maintain the terminal material storage and conveyance systems in “best in class” conditions in terms of Operates and monitors all Terminal equipment, loads outgoing trucks, unloads inbound barges/vessels and railcars and supports inbound truck unloading.
- Operates forklift, skid steer, and other light industrial equipment
- Collect material samples as needed
- Preform clean-up work and housekeeping assignments
- Preform and assists with preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Verifies accuracy of paperwork for inbound and outbound shipments
- Assist in tracking and maintaining accurate inventory on all materials and provide reporting as necessary
- Participates in formal and on-the-job training programs to acquire/broaden both technical and non-technical job skills
- Interacts with members of Terminal staff on a regular basis to gather or communicate information, solve problems, etc.
- Participates and provides updates in team meetings when necessary
- Maintain professional vendor and broker relationships
- Applies skills and performs work in other positions as assigned by Terminal Manager
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and work productively with others
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Must be reliable, with a positive professional attitude
- Self-sufficient and able to work with some direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality projects on tight schedules
- Strong and effective decision-making skills is a must
- Eagerness to learn emerging technologies to help diagnose overall terminal health & continually improve process
- Willingness to work up to 12 hour shifts up to 6 days a week
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Formal training and working experience with OSHA and DOT regulations desired
- Proficiency and demonstrated desire to properly use and enforce the use of required PPE
- Prior experience in cement or construction industries strongly preferred
- Prior material handling experience strongly preferred
- Operations or trade experience, demonstrating a strong mechanical aptitude
- Hands-on maintenance experience in a light or heavy industrial environment
- A strong safety record and a willingness to promote change and innovation
- Possess the tact and diplomacy needed for customer, truck driver, and vendor communications
- Proficiency with computers, tablets, and other mobile devices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / Microsoft Windows
$45,000 - $65,000 based on experience + overtime eligible, Health Insurance, 401K, Structured Bonus Plan
About Rock Solid Stabilization & Reclamation, Inc.
We are a fast-growing organization focused on building and recycling our country’s infrastructure in a sustainable, and environmentally friendly manner. Rock Solid is one of the largest specialty contractors performing soil stabilization and road reclamation in the United States. We have maintained over 10% growth annually for the last 10 years by providing exceptional customer service to private and public sector clients while leading the way and setting the standards for the pavement preservation and soil stabilization industries. The science of sustainable reconstruction continues to evolve and proves to be cheaper, faster, stronger, and more friendly to the environment than conventional techniques. Join us for a Rock Solid future in a growing industry.