Collins Family Law Group
Our busy regional law firm is looking for a Case Specialist to join our Accounts Department as a complement to our Billing & Collections staff. We are seeking someone who loves digging into detailed work to help our clients understand our engagement agreements and billing process, and who can work with our attorneys to track upcoming events on our court calendars to ensure appropriate trust funds are obtained and maintained. This individual will work with our Director of Legal on case statuses monthly and follow up as appropriate with attorneys and clients. A combination of paralegal/legal assistant background and financial experience is a plus! Job seekers should have at least 2 years of law firm experience and understand the progression and complexity of a case, should be meticulous and organized, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. The Case Specialist works directly with all Firm attorneys and our Billing team to monitor account balances and ensure client expectations of fee agreements and payments upfront. This role also works with clients to obtain trust account payments when needed and must have excellent customer service skills. This position is non-exempt and reports to the Firm Manager. To be considered for this opportunity, send us your resume!
- Send fee agreements to clients interested in retaining with the Firm and take initial retainer and trust account payments for matter setup; add initial file prep fee to clients’ first invoice.
- Call newly retained clients once fees are paid to have a conversation to clarify expectations of the legal process, talk them through the invoicing and payment process, including their agreements and minimum charges expected, plus when they may expect to have fees drawn from their retainer, credit card, and trust accounts.
- Provide courtesy copies of yet-to-be-paid invoices as an aid to the collections process performed by our Billing Specialist.
- Review the Firm calendar for upcoming mediations, hearings, and other significant events to ensure an appropriate trust account balance is obtained by 2-3 weeks in advance of the attorney’s work on that matter. Discuss complexity/length of events with Attorneys and Director of Legal when appropriate to determine fee amounts.
- Review daily incoming mail for new events, with a goal to make initial contact with clients to discuss trust deposits at least 1 month in advance of any significant calendar date.
- Work with Director of Legal to review case status charts to flag upcoming major case events for the Billing Specialist.
- Generate reports from the case management system of Evergreen trust account balances, contact clients to replenish, liaise with attorneys to determine appropriate amounts.
- Participate as a member of the Firm Billing Committee to provide information regarding case statuses and trust balances as requested.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is needed; some college is an asset
- Meet deadlines while handling multiple projects at a time
- Knowledge of trust and/or escrow accounts
- 2+ years of law firm experience, preferably in family law or civil litigation
- Family law paralegal/legal assistant experience is an asset, including the ability to ascertain the status of a case within its life cycle, interpret court documents, and review case files for context
- Client service acumen – ability to obtain necessary information, documents, or funds from clients in a difficult situation
- Advanced computer proficiency, especially with MS Office, Excel, and billing software programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills are needed in this role
About Collins Family Law Group
We are a fast-growing regional Family and Elder Law Firm with multiple offices in North Carolina and South Carolina. We are looking for members to add to our team who are fierce, strong, and compassionate as well as ethical, professional, and trustworthy. You must be committed to excellence, value clients, and want to be a part of something extraordinary.