North Built Construction
We are looking for a lead hand carpenter, who has experience working in new construction and renovations and is able to direct and lead a team to complete projects efficiently and with quality.
Is willing to take paid courses to upgrade their knowledge of the step code program.
Hiring Bonus of $2,000 after successful completion of a 6 months probationary period.
- Lead a team to complete projects accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that Safety procedures are enforced for their own team members
- Coordinate inspectors and consultants during the building process to ensure the required inspections are complete
- Framing, finishing, other misc. carpentry duties
- Supervision of the required trades trades
- Oversee complete construction of a new home from start to finish
- Read and understand blueprints and engineering documents
- Lead a small crew
- Manage sub-trades and work with suppliers
- Oversee daily job site activity
- Understand and troubleshoot possible discrepancy's in Architectural and Structural drawings with attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years of carpentry experience, including experience with leading a team
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 40 hours a week, and occasional overtime as required
- Must have a driver's license, own transportation, and be punctual
- A positive and patient attitude is an asset
- First aid level 1 would be an asset
$31 - $37 hourly
About North Built Construction
North Built Construction is a general contracting company that specializes in renovation, remodels, new construction, and out-of-the-ordinary projects. We are looking to expand our company to be able to take on bigger projects. We would like the help of energetic and self-motivated people that are interested in learning about new and innovative ways to expand their building knowledge and building practices while being ahead of the step program curve.