Greetings all applicants!
At Wayfarer Vans, it is our mission to provide simple, quality camper vans that introduce and inspire connections to the outdoors and community. Our Builders are artisans of adventure. They must be an adaptable life-long learner with mechanical aptitude and ability to provide consistent results. Through superior craftsmanship, strong attention to detail, and efficiency, their efforts provide every Wayfarian high-quality products in competitive timeliness and establish Wayfarer Van's legacy of industry innovation and purposeful connection.
- Each component of the conversion kit still has to be assembled.
- Basic carpentry skills and knowledge and ability to operate hand tools are required.
- You will be working with small nail guns, wrenches, wood glue, sanders, routers, staple guns, hammers, etc. - which are all a part of the assembly process.
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with attention to detail who has a sense of pride in their work.
- The pieces you built will be going inside someone's camper van and will be with them for many years and many adventures to come, so we want to make sure everything we install is a quality product above all.
- We are also looking for individuals who have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- While each one of our components is pre-designed to install in a van using the existing skeletal system, there are situations where the van may have been altered in a way that disrupts the installation process.
- The ability to think critically and come up with creative solutions on the go is crucial at this stage.
- We are also looking for someone with effective soft skills.
- Do you have any experience in the service industry?
- How comfortable are you talking to strangers and making connections?
- You will be installing a conversion often while the new van owner is watching, do you know how to conduct yourself professionally when something isn’t going quite right in front of the customer?
- You will also be engaging with our Wayfarians (Wayfarer Van owners) before, during, and after their installation.
- Part of that engagement requires you to be curious about the new van owners' intentions on how they’re going to use the van.
- The Wayfarer crew always tries to leave a lasting impression and make a connection to every new van owner that rolls out of our shop.
- We truly live and breathe our company mission: To build simple, quality camper vans that introduce and inspire connections to the outdoors and community.
Other qualities we are looking for:
- Social empathy
Skills, Qualifications, and Competencies
- Shop manufacturing experience or carpentry related experience
- Knowledge and adherence of light/heavy machinery, forklifts, tools, MSDS instructions
- Knowledge and adherence to OSHA regulations and safe work practices
- Ability to maintain composure in fast-paced, high-pressure situations
- Experience in hospitality or service industries.
- Spatial Competence
- Autonomy/Self Motivated
$15 - $17 hourly
About Wayfarer Vans
We are a tribe of outdoor lovers who share our passion for recreation and travel through our work – converting camper vans to be handed over to enthusiastic new owners and released into the wild.
When submitting your resume we also ask that you submit a cover letter. We are dedicated to building community through authentic connections, and that intention not only applies to our Wayfarian van owner community but also to our internal work family, so if you are interested in joining the tribe, express that here.
In addition to the salary, Wayfarer Vans also covers 100% of eligible team members' health insurance and 50% of spouses and significant others. Furthermore, Wayfarer Vans also provides a profit-sharing program.
And finally, if you have submitted a cover letter we will also be looking for your answers to our questionnaire here - https://forms.gle/zQCPTuB1DJNP3eNg9