At Wayfarer Vans, it is our mission to provide simple, quality camper vans that introduce and inspire connections to the outdoors and community. Our Builders are artisans of adventure. They must be an adaptable life-long learner with mechanical aptitude and the ability to provide consistent results. Through superior craftsmanship, strong attention to detail, and efficiency, their efforts provide every Wayfarian (Wayfarer Van Owner) high-quality products in competitive timeliness and establish Wayfarer Van's legacy of industry innovation and purposeful connection.
In addition to the compensation, Wayfarer Vans also covers 100% of eligible staff members' health insurance and 50% of spouses and significant others. Furthermore, Wayfarer Vans also provides a profit-sharing program.
So if you are interested in joining the family, express that here with a cover letter.
- Protecting “the one product” philosophy through a focus on quality and consistency to ensure every Wayfarian receives a superior product
- Acting as a safety champion each day, proactively evaluating environmental hazards and reporting safety concerns
- Successfully cross-training and learning to assemble each component consistently and to quality standards; successfully learning new processes and assembling new products as they evolve
- Assemble components to be installed in vans with a high degree of quality and attention to detail
- Inspect all pieces prior to building
- Assemble components according to the direction given by the head builder/quality control manager
- Report to head builder/quality control manager the completion of each component
- Fix any necessary items requested by the head builder
- Assist with inventory upkeep of small items
- Use power tools including but not limited to: electric saws, hammer drill, drills, reciprocating saws, band saw, jigsaw, miter boxes, pneumatic nail guns, and sanding machines
- Accurately measure, cut, and join wood
- Proficient in the use of hand tools including but not limited to: hammers, levels, tape measure, chisels, pliers, wrenches, pry bars, cat’s claw, block planes, hand sanders, utility knives, tin snips, and squares
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood furniture, using bolts, nails, or screws
- Evaluating trends in furniture and component flaws and construction, and reporting to Head Builder or Product Coordinator
- Inspect completed furniture items and components to ensure final build quality meets or exceeds standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Van installations:
- Assist with or lead a conversion installation with a high level of quality and attention to detail
- If a lead installer:
- Engage with the Wayfarian getting their installation done:
- Offer them tea or coffee upon arrival
- Walk them through the process of their installation, letting them know how long it will take
- At particular intervals of the installation, update the Wayfarian
- Deliver the van to the Wayfarian once complete
- Go over major components
Seeking but not required
- 5+ years of shop manufacturing experience or 5+ years of carpentry related experience
- Knowledge and adherence of light/heavy machinery, forklifts, tools, MSDS instructions
- Knowledge and adherence to OSHA regulations and safe work practices
- Ability to maintain composure in fast-paced, high-pressure situations
$16 - $18 hourly
About Wayfarer Vans
We are a family of outdoor lovers who share our passion for recreation and travel through our work – converting camper vans to be handed over to enthusiastic new owners and released into the wild.
We are dedicated to building community through authentic connections. This commitment not only applies to our Wayfarian van owner community but also to our internal work family.