We're hiring a creative, full-time CAD designer to bring our clients’ architectural dreams to life! You'll serve as the primary architectural drafter for our company, utilizing design software to produce 2D and 3D designs. Communication is vital for this position as you'll work directly with clients and sales team and incorporate their feedback into your designs. Our ideal applicant has a passion for delivering incredible customer service and is an experienced design engineer with extensive knowledge of surface and solid modeling. If you are detail-oriented, want to grow your career in construction, and love seeing a project through to the end, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
- Do simulations and stress tests on all 3D models before prototyping
- Revise designs according to feedback from clients and construction managers
- Create budgets and timelines for the design project by working with other construction team members
- Choose the best material for modeling by researching material properties in large databases
- Notify superintendents and project managers of the design’s progress and when the designs are complete
- Meet with clients during the beginning of the project to get project specifications and scope
- Utilize computer software to generate 2D and/or 3D designs, depending on the project specifications
Create materials take-off and material orders with vendors and suppliers.
- Two-year degree or equivalent experience in architecture, construction engineering, design, or related field is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in architectural design
- Extensive knowledge of architectural design software, such as AutoCAD, AutoDesk BIM, Solidworks, 3DS Max, Chief Architect Premier: Construction Drawings, SketchUp, and Lumion
- Stay informed about architectural design software trends and knowledgeable about the industry as a whole
- Have great attention to detail, with strong communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
$20 - $25 hourly
About Riverview Decks
Hey there, it’s Nate Burket, owner of Riverview Decks. The handshake is an important moment for any project – it signifies the trust that you, the homeowner, have put in us.
At Riverview Decks, we work hard every day to make sure that we live up to that trust and deliver a project that you can be proud of.