Trestle Law, APC
Under the direction of the Managing Attorney, Associate Attorney must have the ability to work effectively as a team member while also handling an individual caseload with firm deadlines. The associate attorney must have a strong commitment to achieving excellent results for our clients through efficient work, communication, and ethics. Associate Attorney must also have a strong commitment to productivity, exceptional work ethic, high motivation, and willingness to work hard to serve our clients. Positive attitude and ability to work well with a variety of people. The Associate Attorney must possess excellent writing skills and solid settlement skills.
Our firm is completely remote (meaning we don’t care if you’re in San Diego or not), but local candidates are always preferred (especially from a time zone perspective). Additionally, because the managing attorney is licensed in California, and the vast majority of our work is federally regulated, we are open to interviewing candidates that are licensed in any state (California is preferred, however).
- Analyze client needs, identify solutions, and determine case strategies
- Oversee paralegals, law clerks, and administrative staff
- Advise clients by weighing available options toward a successful outcome and plan a course of action
- Preparation, filing, and managing a full docket of trademark and copyright applications
- Client coordination and communication
- Oversee, edit, and approve clearance searches and opinion letters
- Draft and send cease and desist letters
- Oversee, edit, and approve all maintenance documents with the USPTO (Section 8 and 15 Declarations)
- Prepare, file, and represent clients in TTAB proceedings (cancellations and oppositions)
- Negotiate various IP settlements with opposing parties/counsel
- Prepare and finalize settlement agreements and consent agreements
- Draft various contracts: licensing agreements, website terms, and conditions, privacy policies and forum policies, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, and the like
- Manage and coordinate all international trademark filings and communicate with counsels overseas
- Basic corporate formations – LLCs/Corporations (CA only)
- An understanding of basic general counsel principles, including employee matters
- Attorneys with patent experience, who are licensed to practice before the USPTO are preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is necessary
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making, interpersonal, and public speaking skills required
- Graduation from law school with Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree and experience in representing clients for at least 2 years
- Must be able to handle heavy caseload with little supervision
- Well-versed in legal research software (Westlaw/Lexis)
- Basic understanding of law firm software such as Clio, AltLegal, and TMTKO
- Strong understanding of billable hours (.1) and timekeeping
$85,000 - $110,000 yearly
About Trestle Law, APC
Do you want to work with a boutique, dynamic, woman-of-color-owned, full-service intellectual property law firm from the comfort of your own home, while helping game-changing entrepreneurs use their intangible assets to build a financial legacy?
We are an entrepreneurial intellectual property and business firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced IP (soft) and business attorney to join our team and work directly with the firm’s founder/managing attorney and other attorneys to help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients leverage their IP to make more money for their families and legacies overall. Because what’s more empowering than calling the shots of your own destiny? We are growing fast and need an attorney who can hit the ground running.