You will be a key member of a nimble sales and marketing team reporting to the senior leadership group. This role is one of the first touch points for prospects and will set the tone for the sales pipeline. You will service inbound and outbound sales with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. The ultimate goal of this associate would be to book qualified sales meetings that convert to legitimate sales opportunities.
Business Development Representative Job Profile:
- Prospect into strategic business accounts via cold call, email and social strategies
- Pursue potential clients and qualify sales opportunities and meetings for Account Executives
- Initiate long-term trusting relationships with new and future clients
- Produce creative strategies to target decision-makers at prospect accounts in order to book sales appointments and influence company revenue
- Work closely with other Egen teams to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tool.
- Act as the subject matter expert on Egen’s product offerings/solution development skills.
- Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
Your first 3 months:
- Learn about Egen’s products and offerings
- Get comfortable with culture and style of work
- Leverage all opportunities to learn from the market, workplace, colleagues that would steer your and Egen’s growth
- Continue to build on your core business development skills and gain deeper industry knowledge
- Learn and practice what it takes to go beyond targets, trying to build deeper client relationships that pay off
- Begin to expand your knowledge inside sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with seniors and mentors to help you set goals for yourself
- Get on the phones and drive meetings
What we're looking for:
- At least 1 year of proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role. Preferably in a technology/cloud company.
- Proven account based marketing and sales experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience with CRM and sales tools (e.g. Hubspot, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Navigator, Outreach)
- Proven ability to uncover prospect objectives and pain points and convey value that can be provided by Egen
- Strong drive and grit with demonstrated desire to compete and win
- Good articulation abilities and comfortable with making engaging presentations
- A relevant degree in marketing, business administration or such fields
$50,000 - $70,000 yearly
Egen is a 2020 Great Place to Work company that provides cloud-native solutions to help our customers unlock the power of data to rapidly inform, transform, and outperform their industry. We move at digital light-speed to build and consult on some of the most cutting-edge data and software solutions. We have modern tech stacks for large established enterprises, scaling mid-sized enterprises, and emerging VC-funded startups.