Hummel Group, Inc.
The Business Risk Advisor is responsible to grow a book of business by developing new relationships with prospects and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Searches for qualified new prospects, sets meetings, pursues sales efforts, and closes new business.
- Meets with existing and prospective clients to:
Analyzes business and insurance needs
- Oversees preparation of proposal material, reviews insurance program coverage, and presents proposals to prospective clients.
- Involves Account Executive as needed to prepare or present final proposal materials.
- Explains insurance programs and alternative risk solutions to existing and prospective clients.
- Determines strategy for the renewal process with the operational team.
- Introduces client to support team for day-to-day service. Provides guidance to Account Executives and Account Manager regarding escalated service issues.
- Documents detailed client meeting notes or discussions and provides follow-up to operational team.
- Supports and adheres to agency goals and objectives to place and retain business with our key companies.
- Supports and adheres to procedures to minimize the agency’s error and omission exposure.
- Establishes and maintains client contacts through participation in community organizations, professional organizations, etc., which serve our clients.
- Develops rapport with clients. Entertains existing and prospective clients as appropriate.
- Participates in training to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- A college degree is preferred. A major insurance industry professional designation awarded by the American College of Insurance may be substituted for a college degree (e.g. CPCU).
- Must be willing to work towards professional industry designations (e.g. CIC, CRM, CPCU).
- Requires possession and maintenance of a Property and Casualty license for the State of Ohio and be current in meeting the continuing education requirements of such license. Required to obtain license within first 90 days of employment.
- Must maintain ongoing education to keep license current.
- Must have a current driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
- Prior sales experience is preferred.
$60,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Hummel Group, Inc.
Since 1957 we have been building a business based on relationships and doing the right thing for our customers. We strive for continuous improvement. We learn, we grow, we adjust, we repeat. Through each cycle we build trust. We know Hummel Group is changing and we want you to know that there is one thing that is not changing - our commitment to our clients:
• We will do what’s best for you.
• We will work hard to find a solution.
• We will earn your trust.
Helping clients identify and manage risk through the use of insurance and financial strategies.