Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
Business Intelligence Specialist will provide reporting and analytical support in the form of data retrieval, analysis, data reporting, and dashboards. Work with business and team leads to establish report requirements for both current and future reports.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Create intuitive to use Dashboards and build user-friendly data sets.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Work collaboratively with business and team leads to gather and interpret data and report requirements.
- Aide in developing and integrating business reports and applications. Build and populate automated operational reports and dashboards. Assist in preparing post-implementation measurements.
- Extract relevant information and identify basic trends from reports, documents, and statistical data.
- Perform user acceptance testing. Partner with team members to ensure post-implementation validation and adoption. Provide accurate, timely reports with detailed insights that allow stakeholders to improve performance and monitor business KPIs.
- Assess the functionality of existing reports and examine possible improvements to existing reports and the reporting processes.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Respond to routine inquiries or problems.
- Participate in collaborative efforts within multiple teams to meet identified objectives and communicate information to appropriate personnel.
- Participate in meetings with business and team leads to identify gaps in reporting.
- Inspire trust and confidence through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Professionalism - Avoid a business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
- Degree required: preferred major in a quantitative field such as Economics, Math, Statistics, Finance, Management, Information Systems, or Industrial Engineering.
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Ability to use math and technology to answer questions
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to be Accurate and Meticulous when working with data
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Experience working with SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI
- Database knowledge and ability to write SQL queries
- Proficient in creating datasets with DAX and Power Query
Experience with statistical software such as Python, R, Minitab, SAS, etc.Basic understanding of Lean and Agile development processes.
$25 - $30 DOE
About Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
Our employees are rewarded with a competitive salary, a benefit program that recognizes the diverse needs of our employees, and the security of a well-established company. Some of our employee benefits include:
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave/Major Medical Leave
- 7 1/2 Hour Work Days
- Purchased Vacation
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (Tax-Free Spending Account)
- Loans/Savings and Investments available through Farm Bureau Finance Company
- Cancer, Accident, and Short-Term Disability insurance plans are also available