Trade Show Technical d.b.a. Total Show Technology
Do you love connecting with people, brainstorming ideas, providing solutions, and getting excited by the impact you can have on your team? Do you consider yourself someone that enjoys meeting new people? Do you like executing clear, proven strategies to grow a sales pipeline? Have you presented ideas and solutions that move people and get prospects excited? And do you want to make a deep impact and contribute to the success of a thriving organization?
Las Vegas-based Total Show Technology (TST) is looking for a Business Development professional who will serve as a TST ambassador to generate qualified leads for live event projects utilizing audiovisual production services, rentals, and labor. The right candidate will know our business inside and out, contributing to TST’s success in developing new business, and helping TST grow into new markets. This person will report to the company President.
As the Director of Business Development, you will be part of TST’s sales team, with responsibilities of executing our business development/sales strategy. In this role, you will perform daily business development and sales activities specifically focused on bringing new prospects and opportunities into our sales funnel.
- Daily outreach to prospect for new leads and opportunities. Being a rainmaker
- Building and cultivating relationships with new prospects, partners, and clients.
- Commitment to executing (and evolving) our business development roadmap
- Develop a detailed understanding of TST products and services
- Qualify opportunities to determine if they are real or perceived. Determine if the opportunities are worth team effort and investment by teaming with the Director of Sales to qualify accounts and opportunities
- Completing daily business development and sales activities - specifically focused on bringing new prospects and opportunities into our sales funnel
- Executing our business development/sales strategy designed with tangible goals, clear steps to those goals and performance metrics (KPIs)
- Continuously evaluate and methodically and creatively optimize business development/sales strategies based on metrics and results
- Using LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, social media, networking, research, and outbound emails/calls for business development
- Team selling - partnering with the sales team to move the prospects/opportunities towards closed business
- Telling our story, demonstrating value, and sharing ideas with prospects and potential partners
- Creating and gathering content and resources for marketing and business development activities
- Hosting prospects and clients at live events so that they can witness the Total Show Technology brand.
- Passion for self-improvement, company improvement, and active participation in our growth
- Dedication to learning about the live events industry and meeting new prospects
- Participate in evolving and promoting the TST brand in all its varied forms. This effort includes participation in select networking events and optional involvement in trade associations (e.g., PCMA and EDPA)
- Daily use of technology tools like LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, Salesforce, Live Chat, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Desire to learn, be coached/mentored, and grow personal and professional skills
- Giving 100% every day and working as a trusted, high-performing teammate
- Attendance at trade shows, community events, and industry meetings
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree (major/emphasis in marketing, business, or communications preferred but not required)
- Minimum of 5 years experience implementing and executing successful business development or sales strategies that align with the company’s strategic goals
- 5+ years of experience in Live Event/AV Production
- Willingness to serve as a TST brand ambassador who always looks and acts the part, treats everyone with courtesy and respect, and represents TST in a professional manner
- Attendance and active participation in sales meetings and forecasting
- Diligence in details, including accuracy with CRM, and monitoring KPI's
- Proactive, thorough, and accurate in tasks assigned and communications with other departments
- Participating as a team player and collaborating with all departments
- Travel as necessary, to cover sales responsibilities
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong network, with deep connections in verticals that might be a good fit (preferred but not required)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
$85,000 - $121,000 yearly
About Trade Show Technical d.b.a. Total Show Technology
TST is the total show production solution for anyone who hosts, plans, manages, or produces events, meetings, and trade shows. We have delivered audio, video, lighting, equipment rental, and total show production for conventions, corporate meetings and events, trade shows, and nightclub live events since 1996. Based in Las Vegas, we’ve done every kind of show in every type of venue throughout the Pacific Southwest, and we travel with their clients nationwide.
We believe we have the best employees in the industry. And with an average tenure of 8 years, those employees stick around. The reason is simple. Our employees grow in their jobs and gain opportunities they wouldn’t have anywhere else.
At TST, we believe that if our people are happy, engaged, and challenged each and every day, the stage is set for ongoing collaboration and growth. If you join our team, you’ll build key industry skills and always know we have your best interests at heart.