Beach Cities Estate Law
We're a growing law firm in the South Bay (Los Angeles) area. We're looking for an entry level Operations and Business Management Analyst to work in person in our office in Torrance, California. We will provide you with resources and on-the-job-training to enable you to operate the firm's business systems and functions (human resources, accounting, billing, accounts receivable, IT, and facilities - everything except the legal work!). Our ideal candidate is organized, efficient, flexible, smart, capable, and eager to learn. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Run the billing component of the firm’s case management system
- Primary point of contact between the firm and its external IT vendors, assisting other team members in resolving IT and computer-related issues
- Manage and collect accounts receivable
- Primary point of contact between the firm and its external accounting team, ensuring that the firm’s accounting records are accurate; balance the firm’s client trust accounts
- Manage the recruiting and onboarding of new team members
- Pull reports and analyze data from the firm’s case management system; take the raw data and turn it into reports to enable the owner to make data-driven decisions
- Communicate with third-party vendors, contractors, service providers, and clients as a representative of our firm
- Assist in the documentation, implementation, and review of operational policies and procedures
- Perform audits and spot checks to ensure that firm policies and procedures are being followed and reflect our firm's high standards
- This position requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires a very strong attention to detail. It is vital for the work output to be very high quality, with correct results, time and time again. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. There is little ambiguity in this job. It is very clear what needs to be done, and what the expected results are. The established procedures and processes must be followed very closely; there is little room or necessity to modify them. Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace. There is much consistency and familiarity from one day to the next. It is generally feasible to plan large blocks of work ahead of time. The work is primarily accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people or "politics" for results. The work is helpful in nature; providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with clients and other team members requires a professional, friendly manner where the focus is on completing the work pleasantly and correctly.
Once you have mastered the responsibilities described above, you will ideally be able to:
- Identify problems and opportunities for the firm in the areas of the effectiveness of processes, quality of work product, and team member performance.
- Propose ideas and plans to optimize the use of technology to improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
- Work with the firm owner to implement operational plans to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- General understanding of financial management, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow
- Highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience working in a professional services office environment is a plus
$50,000 -$60,000 yearly
About Beach Cities Estate Law
Beach Cities Estate Law is a boutique trust and estates firm serving the affluent communities in the South Bay area of Los Angeles (Manhattan, Hermosa, and Redondo Beach, and the PV Peninsula). We are centrally located in Torrance's business and commercial hub near the Del Amo Mall.
We seek exceptional people to become part of our process-driven and KPI-oriented team. Your contributions will be recognized, appreciated, and rewarded. If you are motivated by overcoming challenges and personal, professional, and financial growth, then this could be the right place for you.
Compensation is dependent on your experience. The compensation package includes base salary, 401(k) matching, plus bonuses for performance. We offer a benefits package including health insurance and paid time off.