We're looking for Building Supervisors to help keep our building safe and engage with members! Building Supervisors duties include building safety, member engagement and cleanliness of our facility. All YMCA employees receive a free Y membership, program discounts and flexible hours!
The Building Supervisor is responsible for creating and monitoring a welcoming experience for all members and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner with an emphasis on safety and building security.
1. Ensure building safety and cleanliness by continually monitoring and cleaning where necessary. Keep walkways shoveled and ice-free during winter months.
2. Monitor YMCA Members and Guests in order to help members by answering questions, clarifying policies and giving direction. Ensure all Woodson YMCA policies, procedures, and Core Values are upheld at all times.
3. Provide high quality member experience by using listen first skills, providing quality facility tours to all prospective members, have a working knowledge of Wellness Center equipment and a basic knowledge of DAXKO Operating system.
4. Be familiar with current safety and emergency procedures and provide leadership when necessary. Accurately complete Incident Reports and facility reports at the end of each shift all forms must be put in the Membership and Health & Wellness Director’s mailbox.
5. Maintain a current knowledge of Woodson YMCA department programs and policies.
6. Follow the guidelines set in the YMCA Staff Expectations.
7. Attend scheduled staff meetings.
8. Complete the Building Supervisor Report during every shift.
9. Perform any other duties which may be assigned by the Member Engagement Director.
10. Act as a representative of the YMCA Team of Directors in their absence.
1. Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid.
2. Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and problem-solving.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.