Are you a friendly problem solver who can deliver a five-star experience to our guests? Then you might be perfect for the maintenance engineer role at our hotel. You will be responsible for supervising the property's complete maintenance and routine processes to make it fully functional, enjoyable, and safe. Our ideal candidate is committed to helping our guests actively and consistently. If this describes you, and you're ready for an exciting career in hospitality, apply now!
- Complete all work orders and fix maintenance problems promptly
- Use a wide range of tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, indicators, edge finders, drills, wrenches, and additional equipment
- Remain on-call in case of emergencies by keeping a phone on hand
- Collaborate with other personnel who will help you with maintenance tasks
- Observe all engineering safety rules and criteria
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Experience with facilities management software is preferred
- This position requires occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- You will need 2-4 years of experience in a maintenance role
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are necessary
About Hotel Felix
As downtown Chicago’s first hotel to enjoy Silver LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, our four-star hotel has mastered the art of combining luxury and sustainability.
At the corner of Clark and Huron Streets, step past our vintage façade into a lobby that feels worlds apart from the urban bustle.
Elements of earth, wind, water, and fire create an immediate sense of relaxation and wellbeing, with contemporary furnishings and a glass fireplace lending a stylish yet cozy feel.