La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Breakfast Host - Laundry Attendant to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham - DFW Airport West Bedford
This position is responsible for keeping breakfast stocked during breakfast hours and cleaning up after breakfast, washing, folding, and distributing all soiled linens and towels.
Employment Status: Full Time
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Understand the operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Load and unload washes according to standards.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc.
- Sort all hotel linen according to type, color, size, etc.
- Pre-treat all stained linen before washing.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
- Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of the day.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors, storing all linens off the floor.
- Fold towels and linens.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Sort clean laundry according to type and load carts.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and training.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel-related areas.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
About Sequoia Hospitality
At Sequoia Hospitality, we believe our employees are our most precious asset and the foundation of our past and future successes. We are a growing company with a focus on Select Service, Franchised properties located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
Our employees become an extension of our family and we make every effort to provide the tools, training, and experience to help them grow in the hospitality industry.