Bookkeeper - Admin Assistant for Top Property Management Company
Do you want to grow your career while working in a professional, fast-paced, and friendly environment? OCF Realty is one of Philadelphia’s top real estate brokerages and we are adding an Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper to our team. This customer-facing position is an essential part of our Finance and Property Management teams. You’ll be supporting our busy office by interacting with our tenants and property owners, reviewing account statements with them, investigating any irregularities on their ledgers, maintaining organized records, processing invoices for our Property Management vendors, and performing other key administrative tasks. This is a great opportunity if you have a strong administrative or bookkeeping background and care genuinely about customer support and the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful. Lastly, we’re looking for someone who is as passionate about Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and community as we are, and shares our culture of authenticity. This position is full-time and requires in-person work.
- Enter daily client receipts and process bank deposits through the system
- Assist tenants and property owners with their online portals
- Review account statements with tenants and property owners
- Onboard clients into software and keep information up-to-date and accurate
- Onboard new managed properties into software
- Provide clerical support by uploading physical documents into digital software
- Maintain tenant records by updating lease adjustments
- Bill clients for in-house services
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities on client ledgers
- Return internal credits and concessions to tenants and property owners
- Keep physical and digital financial records up-to-date and organized in a file system
- Keep owner-held and tenant-held insurance for each unit up-to-date and file and complete reconciliations to identify lapses in insurance
- Open, review, and distribute office mail
- Enter vendor invoices for all of property management on a weekly basis
- Take deposits to the bank as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior work experience in a front office as an Administrative Assistant or Bookkeeper
- Ability to organize, multitask and work under pressure while maintaining a positive, friendly attitude
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner
- Overachieving attitude and strong work ethic
- Basic knowledge of real estate market terminology and practices
You will thrive in this position if you:
- Are a team player. You like making things easier for customers and colleagues. If there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- Are flexible and comfortable with change. You enjoy finding new ways of working together and can evaluate different opinions. You don’t stick solely to your own point of view, especially when the team needs to get the job done
- Are action-oriented. You take initiative to get the answers you need to be most effective in your role.
- Are driven by deadlines. You take responsibility for your own deadlines and understand how your role supports the team’s monthly and quarterly goals.
- Are energized by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and educate our customers.
- Can bring solutions to the table, not just problems.
- Genuinely enjoy organization and information systems.
About OCF Realty
OCF Realty is a Philadelphia neighborhood-focused real estate brokerage that provides comprehensive services in property management, home buying and selling, and real estate development. Our team consists of expert leasing and real estate agents who specialize in neighborhoods. We also operate five OCF Coffee House locations in Philadelphia. What do realty and coffee have to do with one another, you ask? The way we do both -- and the way we feel that they're done best -- is that each fosters community growth and strength in all things local. We believe that most people want to live in a neighborhood with mutually beneficial ties among the people and businesses, and we exist to forge that relationship.