Sable Systems International
The Biomedical Field Engineer installs our equipment at customer facilities worldwide; ensures correct operation, functionality, and validation of installed equipment; trains customer-selected personnel in the proper use of the equipment including both the acquisition and the basic analysis of the data produced by the system. Provides ongoing technical support to our customer base regarding system operation and maintenance via phone, email, remote computer sessions, or in-person when required.
Compensation depends on experience.
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k, Long Term Disability, and other great benefits
No Phone Calls, Please.
- Requires a combination of technical aptitude, technical sales skills, and appropriate communication skills to install, manage, and maintain Sable System equipment at customer sites.
- Potential for up to 50% travel required, sometimes on short notice.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction/focus by facilitating timely communication towards resolving specific customer technical issues.
- Use independent discretion to assess follow up training needs of customer when equipment issues arise.
- Upon installation, train customer representatives on operational aspects of the specific Sable System equipment and/or refer training within appropriate organizational structure.
- Use technical knowledge and judgment to validate Sable System equipment meets equipment specification during installation at customer site.
- Strategically promote, educate, and market Sable System services to customers.
- Accurately maintain computerized customer installation/service and technical support records.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering related field or equivalent level of experience. Business education or experience a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in technical services and/or field service in a technical instrumentation organization is desired.
- Experience in technical services and/or technical sales in a research/medical instrumentation organization highly desired.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base and co-workers is a must.
- Strong problem-solving skills are required.
- Must possess above average comfort level with computers and technology.
- Strong working knowledge of productivity software (MS Office, LibreOffice, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to use standard hand tools associated with electronic equipment installations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot effectively using measurement tools, devices, and electronic test equipment. (ex. Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, Calipers, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Good time management and organizational skills are essential.
About Sable Systems International
Trusted as the world leader in metabolic measurement, Sable Systems International has a 30+ year reputation for innovation, expertise, and scientific insight. We design and manufacture multi-platform high-resolution scientific instrumentation for the Life Sciences. Our applications range from Fly to Mouse to Human – and beyond.
Our best-selling products include multi-channel metabolic measurement systems for experimental animals such as mice and rats, with simultaneous measurement of other parameters such as food and water intake, body mass, position, activity, and environmental monitoring. Whether providing solutions for the measurement of a living process or an industrial one, model animals, or human personalized healthcare research, our unrelenting focus on quality and support is key to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.