The Green Room Psychological Services
We are hiring a driven and motivated post-doctoral psychological assistant for a part-time position at our private practice in San Diego. You will be responsible for managing 5 - 8 patients per week, as well as conducting psychological evaluations for personal injury and immigration cases. Prior forensic evaluation experience is preferred, but not required. Training and supervision will be provided and there are opportunities for shadowing the forensic clinical interviews. The ability to work independently within the group is strongly encouraged and cultivated. Familiarity with psychodynamic theories and therapeutic approaches are preferred.
There are also opportunities for teletherapy when appropriate, which allows for some flexibility in working from home. Familiarity with EMDR and/or biofeedback is also highly desired, especially in anxiety, PTSD, and chronic pain management. There are also opportunities in receiving training on conducting medical-legal evaluations that would prepare you for the future should you have any desire to become an expert witness or acquire a second degree as a Qualified Medical Evaluator (QME) and conduct worker's compensation evaluations.
- Managing a caseload of 8-10 patients per week
- Timely medical record keeping
- Attending weekly meetings for supervision and bi-weekly staff meeting
- Shadowing opportunities for forensic psychological interviews are available
- Prior clinical experience in Trauma, PTSD treatment, domestic violence, sexual abuse, and eating disorders
- Strong therapeutic and time management skills, organization skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and driven for personal growth
- Familiarity with EMDR is preferred
- Compensation: $40 hr + based on client load and experience
- Over one year of work experience as a biofeedback therapist
- Prior experience working at an outpatient group practice is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
$40 / per hour
About The Green Room Psychological Services
The Green Room was founded in 2009 by Dr. Neda Khodaparast, PsyD, QME. We are now an established group private practice based in San Diego, California. Our team is quite diverse in ethnic background and therapeutic modalities, but there is a slight preference in utilizing psychodynamic theories in working with patients.
We are specialized in rendering individual psychotherapy to mostly high functioning adults in an outpatient setting. The areas of specialty are Trauma and PTSD, chronic pain, eating disorders, sexual and physical abuse, and learning disabilities. We also conduct psychological forensic evaluations on personal injury and immigration cases.