The Colwell Law Group
Do you enjoy working with numbers and are looking for an opportunity in the legal industry? Our law firm is seeking a billing specialist to work in our accounting department and assist our billing attorneys with revising, processing, and issuing accurate monthly billing. You’ll be required to perform consistent follow up in this role, so experience with accounts receivable is highly preferred. If you’re a detail-oriented professional, have at least 2 years of billing experience, and enjoy working in a face-past environment, we want to hear from you!
- Disperse monthly invoices to billing attorneys for initial review
- Review reports indicating past due accounts and follow up on when to expect payment
- Work with the client’s accounting department to resolve any billing inquiries
- Prepare requested revisions from billing attorneys and run final bills for distribution
- Process incoming payments to appropriate accounts and keep precise financial records
- A high school diploma or equivalent is needed; some college is an asset
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, Excel, and billing software programs is essential
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines
- At least two years’ experience working in a law firm environment as a billing specialist
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills are required
$35,000 - $55,000 yearly
About The Colwell Law Group
We are a family law firm focused on child custody and divorce matters in the Capital Region. We have been growing consistently over the last five years and are looking for a new associate. We maintain a small firm feel in the office and carefully guard our culture. If you are a problem solver and a team player our office should be right up your alley!