Phelan Webber Pettis PS
Our firm needs an exceptional Billing Clerk to assist the partner attorneys in managing the Firm's processes and systems related to all billing concerns.
We are fully invested in policies and procedures and systems. We believe in a team approach, where you can ask for help when you need it without fear of being judged. But at times, you will also need to know how to figure things out on your own and be able to creatively solve problems and come up with solutions.
You will be working in a small office where staff members are all accountable to one another. We are strong believers in the team approach, and our office is a team environment.
You need to be able to talk to people (all people, including co-workers, clients, family members under stress, visitors, salespeople, servers, and the public) in a manner that puts them at ease and is polite, professional, and well-spoken.
Most importantly, you must have compassion when dealing with our clients. As an ambassador to the world for our firm, you will be one of the first people to whom our clients speak. Your ability to listen to what you are being told and ask follow-up questions as necessary is very important.
If you are selected for this position, you will be a part of a wonderful team of people who take great pride in their work and always strive to get the job done right the first time. You will become a part of a team that is rewarded for hard work. You will be challenged. You will have fun. You will be compensated. You will help our clients.
- Review case management or time and billing system daily
- Generate pre-bills monthly and provide them to Owner for review and approval
- Prepare or generate final invoices/statements and send to clients in accordance with Firm's policies and procedures for time-keeping, billing, and expense tracking
- Process payments in accordance with Firm's policies and schedules for accepting payments
- Manage retainer/trust accounts, auto-replenishment, and installment payments
- Oversee A/R collections and case withdrawal process
- Work with clients to address questions and concerns related to billing and payment
- Work with the client, Merchant Service Provider, and credit card company to resolve disputes and requests for "charge back" or refunds (issuing refunds with express approval of Owner)
- Associate's Degree, at minimum
- Two years' experience as an assistant in a professional service business, preferably a law firm
- High degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail; excellent math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading skills)
- Ability to work cooperatively with individuals both internally and externally to Firm
- You must be an optimistic, positive person
- You must be able to handle working with several different databases of information - including the use of WordPerfect (and/or Word), Outlook, and office equipment like copiers and scanners, at a minimum
- If you are familiar with legal case management software, that is a plus!
$15 per hour
About Phelan Webber Pettis PS
- We are an Elder Law firm. It’s all we do…and we do it well. So well, in fact, that we have plans to grow rapidly for the next few years. We are passionate about serving our clients. We’ve put a lot of energy into building our “A+ Team,” and we are committed to protecting them!
We have a “magic statement” that communicates to others whom we help and how we help them:
- We help people live with dignity and assurance through the power of planning and by compassionately guiding their loved ones through the pain of illness and loss.
Our Firm’s primary values:
- Love, Kindness, Integrity, Compassion, Gratitude and Professional Excellence.
Our Firm’s vision statement:
- To be the Northwest’s leading law firm making the aging and dying experience better through compassionate, professional legal excellence delivered with a heart of service and gratitude.