Dark Horse Recovery
The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT), is an integral member of the treatment team, functioning as the primary conduit between client, clinical and medical staff, working to ensure the implementation and integration of the person-centered treatment plan.
The Behavioral health technician (BHT) performs a variety of routine activities to provide safety, supervision, and psychological care to residents receiving treatment within our group home. The residents carry a primary or secondary mental health diagnosis and are 18 years of age or older. The BHT works collaboratively with all members of the treatment team including the other BHTs, behavioral health paraprofessionals (BHPP), behavioral health professionals (BHP), residents, and case managers. The BHT is a vital component to the therapeutic success of our residents.
Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment.
If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Provides residents with a supportive, protective living environment and protection of resident’s rights.
- Remain familiar with all legal regulations and comply with them.
- Provide counseling (groups/one on one) to residents with a behavioral health disorder, and treatment that promotes resident dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy, and choice.
- Assist residents to secure and maintain viable employment opportunities, accessing community services and resources.
- Assist residents in meal preparation, and provide residents transportation to outside therapeutic services when indicated.
- Prepare daily progress notes on resident’s progress and regression in direct and report services offered through our company. Protect and maintain the confidentiality of resident’s records and information.
- Assist residents in formal and informal independent and life skills. Ensure that residents attend formal education or educational enhancement training. Coordinate and facilitate residents’ social and recreational activities.
- Assure that residents take necessary medications in accordance with our company’s assistance in the self-administration medication procedures. Able to identify types of medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders, personality disorders, and substance abuse, and common side effects and adverse reactions of the medications.
- Assist residents in receiving the care and services specified in their treatment/care plans and in accordance with the rules set forth by the department of behavioral health services.
- Attend company-provided education/training: at least one hour of ongoing in-service education per month, and receive at least two contacts of clinical oversight per month by the BHP, in order to maintain program standards.
- Follow company crisis management protocols as needed.
- Complete incident reports as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a valid drivers license, fingerprint clearance card, CPR/First Aid certification, negative TB test, and meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- Associate’s degree and at least two years of full-time behavioral health experience;
- A registered nurse;
- A high school diploma or school equivalency diploma (GED) and has 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health experience or four years of behavioral health work experience, or four years of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- A licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Certified Nursing Asst. (CNA) or medical assistant (MA) with at least two years of full-time behavioral health experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate skills, knowledge, and protection of resident’s rights; recognize obvious symptoms of mental disorder and/or substance abuse; understand the services our company is authorized to provide – self-administration of medication and counseling services; maintain the confidentiality of resident records; respect cultural differences; be able to read and implement residents’ treatment plans; assist residents in accessing community services; follow policies and procedures of our company; demonstrate leadership and be a role model for peer reports.
- Experience supervising residents with behavioral health disorders in a behavioral health agency; experience in dealing with residents with behavioral health and co-occurring disorders; understands and is able to identify medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders and substance abuse.
- Understanding of services needed for residents with behavioral health issues.
- Covid vaccination is highly recommended.
$13 - $16 hour (based on experience), plus health insurance after 90 days
About Dark Horse Recovery
Dark Horse Recovery provides therapeutic behavioral health services for adults desiring recovery in a residential setting. We're focused on helping the underdogs transform, those who desire treatment when nothing else has worked, to show them the difference of a truly compassionate team dedicated to empowering them with the skills necessary to recover and transition with meaningful community resources and individualized aftercare.