Dark Horse Recovery
The Behavioral Health Administrative Assistant, also known formally as a Behavioral Health Paraprofessional, requires one to provide services to individuals who meet the criteria for a variety of mental health concerns in efforts to provide environmental support and resource coordination. This role will be essential in providing support to the Behavioral Health Technicians.
The Behavioral health paraprofessional (BHPP) performs a variety of routine activities to provide safety, supervision, oversight, and support to residents receiving treatment within our group home. BHPPs primarily accomplish this by heavily supporting the activities of the behavioral health technicians (BHT). The residents carry a primary or secondary mental health diagnosis and are 18 years of age or older. The BHPP works collaboratively with all members of the treatment team including the BHTs, other BHPPs, behavioral health professionals (BHP), residents, and case managers. The BHPP is a vital component to the therapeutic success of our residents.
Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment.
If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We would love to speak with you!
Compensation: $13 - $16 hourly (DOE), plus health insurance after 90 days
Upon submitting an application, you will receive an automatic email including two assessments to complete. Resumes without these completed assessments will not be considered.
- Provide residents with a supportive, protective living environment and protection of resident’s rights
- Remain familiar with all legal regulations and comply with them
- Receive supervision from BHP when performing a behavioral health service
- Assist residents to secure and maintain viable employment opportunities, accessing community services and resources
- Review daily progress notes on resident’s progress and regression in direct and report services offered through our company. Protect and maintain the confidentiality of resident’s records and information
- Assist BHTs with residents’ formal and informal independent and life skills in-service education. Confirm that residents attend formal education or educational enhancement training. Coordinate residents’ social and recreational activities
- Assure that residents take necessary medications in accordance with our company’s assistance in the self-administration medication procedures. Able to identify types of medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders, personality disorders, and substance abuse, and common side effects and adverse reactions of the medications
- Assist residents in receiving the care and services specified in their treatment/care plans and in accordance with the rules set forth by the department of behavioral health services
- Attend company-provided education/training: at least one hour of ongoing in-service education per month, and receive at least two contacts of clinical oversight per month by the BHP, in order to maintain program standards
- Demonstrate ethical behaviors such as respecting residents and personnel members’ boundaries
- Follow company crisis management protocols as needed
- Complete incident reports as needed
- Review daily reports and confirm they are completed properly and follow compliance protocol
- Ensure daily checklists are completed
- Maintain inventory lists and order supplies and groceries as needed
- Create and maintain daily agendas for colleagues
- Follow sanitization/cleaning procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned by management and BHTs
- Must be at least 18 years old with a fingerprint clearance card, CPR/First Aid certification, negative TB test, and a high school diploma or school equivalency diploma (GED)
The Remaining Job Qualifications are preferred not required
- Covid vaccination is highly recommended
- Experience supervising residents with behavioral health disorders in a behavioral health agency; dealing with residents with behavioral health and co-occurring disorders
- Understands the services our company is authorized to provide: self-administration of medication; understands and is able to identify medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders and substance abuse
- Able to demonstrate skills, knowledge, and protection of resident’s rights; recognize obvious symptoms of mental disorder and/or substance abuse
- Understanding of services needed for residents with behavioral health issues; be able to read and understand residents’ treatment plans; maintain the confidentiality of resident records
$13 - $16 hourly (Based on experience)
About Dark Horse Recovery
Dark Horse Recovery provides therapeutic behavioral health services for adults desiring recovery in a residential setting. We're focused on helping the underdogs transform, those who desire treatment when nothing else has worked, to show them the difference of a truly compassionate team dedicated to empowering them with the skills necessary to recover and transition with meaningful community resources and individualized aftercare.