Work for a company that cares about YOU. At Brightstar Care Columbus, our employees make a difference in the lives of people every day, and we remain committed to making a difference in the lives of our employees. Be apart of a team that appreciates the work you do and supports the career you want.
A behavior technician is someone who provides mental and physical health services to patients struggling with various behavioral problems, including PTSD, physical, emotional abuse, psychiatric disorders, and substance abuse.
This position will be working directly in a residential therapeutic setting with individuals in need of behavior stabilization with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Constant engagement with and supervision of individuals will be a requirement of the staff. Crisis intervention is likely or issues including self-injury, aggression, and high magnitude disruptive behavior.
- Demonstrates accurate implementation of education, skill acquisition, and behavior reduction plans as taught in initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback from supervisors
- Implements crisis interventions as needed to maintain safety
- Collects data and all records accurately following procedures provided
- Organizes and maintains residential and instructional area/materials
- Prepares and keeps reinforcement and needed program materials organized and accessible
- Completes any documentation needed for the individual when assigned by the supervisor
- Identifies concerns with program goals and interventions and communicates this to their supervisors
- Performs duties within the home including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping for the individuals, or with them in conjunction with their ISP plan.
- Support individuals with all adaptive life skills including but not limited to; bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, etc.
- Ensure the safety, health, and well-being of all individuals; reports and documents unsafe conditions in the environment and injury and health conditions of the individual; always interact in a positive way and fosters a home atmosphere.
- Uses professional language when describing the individuals and/or behaviors.
- May perform delegated nursing tasks.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and written
- First Aid/CPR- adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing
- Valid Ohio Drivers License
- No more than 5 points on license
- Three years of experience working with intellectually or developmentally disabled individuals
- Must be detail orientated and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications, and interpersonal abilities
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required-including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts
$14 - $16 per hour
About BrightStar Care
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in people's lives? Do you want to work for a company that truly cares about you? At BrightStar Care, we become part of our clients' lives by providing the highest quality of care when they need our help the most. That's where you can shine.