Acuity Behavior Solutions
Work part-time with children with autism in their homes!!
Are you looking for a fun job working with children? Do you have experience with kids? Join us in our mission to serve children with autism.
Will you be a good fit? If these qualities describe you, you should apply today!
- You enjoy caring for children.
- You’re kind, nurturing and patient.
- You’re creative, playful and happy.
- You can remain organized and help children achieve learning goals.
What You'll Do…
- Part-time, behavior intervention - behavior therapy/Applied Behavior Analysis in the homes of children with autism.
- ABA will include playing, teaching through play, and structured teaching of children with autism in a one-on-one setting.
- Our goal in ABA is to increase skills and decrease inappropriate behaviors of the children we work with.
- Therapy is frequently done in the homes of the children or after school programs.
- Part of the position is working with your supervisor to collaborate and determine the best ways to improve the child’s skills and reduce inappropriate behaviors.
- We provide excellent paid training and ongoing supervision to all of our Behavior Interventionists.
You'll Need to Have…
- Availability to work at least 3 of the afternoons Monday – Friday, and weekends if desired.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- The job includes teaching through play, so being fun is a part of the job!
- Must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
- This job requires: bending, standing up, manual dexterity to hand-write notes, running, lifting, and ability to work with young children.
- The position requires driving to the homes of the families.
- Ability to pass a background check - criminal background check will be conducted.
- Ability to learn quickly - training will be provided.
- Driver's license and valid auto insurance are required.
- While there are some times when behaviors of the client make the position intense, it is a very rewarding and exciting career in which you have the opportunity to make a strong impact on the lives of individuals with autism!
$15 - $17 hourly
About Acuity Behavior Solutions
Who We Are…
Acuity Behavior Solutions is a mission-driven organization. We serve children with autism and related disorders in their homes, providing Applied Behavior Analysis. Our goal is to provide the best behavior therapy possible, and we do this through individualized programs, our own parent training system, awesome social skills group meetups, and by making it a fun environment for staff with various parties and events. We’re growing and are looking for a positive, professional Behavior Interventionist!