The Yorktowne Hotel a Tapestry Collection by Hilton
As a busy restaurant, we need a bartender with a positive customer service mindset who can ensure patrons have a wonderful time at the bar. Your duties will include taking customer orders, preparing a range of conventional and unique cocktails, offering beer and wine recommendations, and maintaining the cleanliness of the bar area at all times. This role requires a highly motivated individual with great organizational abilities and a customer-focused mentality. If you enjoy mixing and serving drinks, meeting new people, and working in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
- Verify customers' identification age to ensure they are of legal age and provide alcoholic drinks in compliance with federal, state, municipal, and corporate rules and regulations
- Order necessary bar supplies, stock and keep track of all wine, liquor, and beer inventories as well as maintain a full supply of glassware and notify management of any shortages
- Perform all restocking and cleaning activities as directed, including opening and closing duties
- Receive payments and settle patron checks and tabs, as well as correctly record daily sales totals in point of sale system
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine, beer, liquor, mixed drinks, and more
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Proven customer service experience with a strong patron-focused mentality
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Prior food service industry experience is highly desired
- Possesses strong, organizational and time management skills
$16 per hour + tips
About The Yorktowne Hotel a Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Built in 1925, the Yorktowne Hotel has been a cornerstone of downtown York and embodies a sense of progressiveness and momentum that characterizes a city on the move, during its original opening and current environment.
Find us in the center of York, a short walk from the many dining options of Restaurant Row and Central Market House. We are a five-minute walk from The Appell Center for Performing Arts and PeoplesBank Park is half a mile away.