Hilton Garden Inn McAllen
As a busy restaurant, we need a bartender with a positive customer service mindset who can ensure patrons have a wonderful time at the bar. Your duties will include taking customer orders, preparing a range of conventional and unique cocktails, offering beer and wine recommendations, and maintaining the cleanliness of the bar area at all times. This role requires a highly motivated individual with great organizational abilities and a customer-focused mentality. If you enjoy mixing and serving drinks, meeting new people, and working in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
- Check customers age by verifying identification cards and serve alcoholic beverages to patrons per federal, state, local, and company laws and regulations
- Ensure that all customer checks and tabs are paid as well as record daily sales total and enter into point of sale system
- Restock and clean as instructed, including side work for opening and closing of the restaurant
- Take patron orders and deliver a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine, beer, liquor, and mixed drinks
- Order necessary bar supplies, stock and keep track of all wine, liquor, and beer inventories as well as maintain a full supply of glassware and notify management of any shortages
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the patron first and providing exceptional customer service
- Displays impeccable time management and organizational skills
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with customers and other team members
About Hilton Garden Inn McAllen
Next to I-2/Highway 83, we're less than 10 minutes from McAllen International Airport via free shuttle – also covering a one-mile radius. Our rooms are within three miles of La Plaza Mall, Quinta Mazatlan estate and gardens, and McAllen Convention Center. Enjoy our outdoor pool, fitness center, and free access to the local Gym.