Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, meeting new people, and making a wide range of creative cocktails? You could be the ideal candidate for the position of bartender at our busy restaurant. You have a positive attitude and a customer-focused approach that ensures our patrons have a great time at the bar. You will be in charge of taking drink orders, recommending beer and wine, preparing traditional and unique mixed drinks, and maintaining the bar area so it is clean and sanitary at all times. If you are a professional who thrives in a busy work environment that provides great customer service, apply today!
- Properly identify customers' age through identification cards, and serve alcoholic beverages following all applicable federal, state, local, and company rules and regulations
- Restock and clean as instructed, including side work for opening and closing of the restaurant
- Ensure that all customer checks and tabs are paid as well as record daily sales total and enter into point of sale system
- Purchase needed bar supplies, stock and track all wine, liquor, and beer stocks, and have a full supply of glassware on hand, notifying management of any supply issues or shortages
- Mix and deliver drinks to customers including alcoholic and non-alcoholic varieties of wine, beer, liquor, and mixed drinks
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification (GED)
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the patron first and providing exceptional customer service
- Possesses strong, organizational and time management skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
$18 - $20 hourly
About Knollwood Club
Founded in 1924, located on 240 rolling acres in Lake Forest, Illinois, Knollwood Club is one of the premier country clubs in Illinois. Members and guests alike enjoy our wide array of traditionally elegant facilities. The members of Knollwood Club also enjoy a full calendar of dining and social events, active racquets and swimming programs, as well as wintertime skeet shooting and cross-country skiing. We invite you to further explore our website and experience the Knollwood tradition.