Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs,
Banquet Houseperson - Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, NY
Part-time and full-time positions available
You like setting things up to look perfect, but don't mind breaking them all down again. As Banquet Houseperson you set, maintain and refresh the banquet meeting rooms according to the sales contract and hotel standards.
Come work for a high-paced hotel will a lot of interesting functions.
You like setting things up to look perfect, but don't mind breaking them all down again. As Banquet Houseperson you set, maintain and refresh the banquet meeting rooms according to the sales contract and hotel standards. As Banquet Houseperson you will:
- Be a BEO Expert -- understanding your BEO so you can set up and break down each event safely and efficiently. Everything needs to shine -- floors, walls, windows, mirrors, etc. (be sure you are reporting anything in less than perfect condition to maintenance for repair). You also are ensuring supplies are readily available per the BEO and all equipment is set up and working properly.
- Be a Friendly Face - arriving at work on time to get the banquet set up and ready to go and assisting the service staff and the guest throughout the event as needed.
- Be the Flipper -- efficient undertaking post-function cleaning duties -- floors, tables, buffet stations, etc. The Banquet Housepersons' duties include ensuring banquet space is quickly flipped and all areas are spotless for the next guest/function.
- Be a Safety & Security Agent -- follow your hotel's established safety and security policies & procedures. Anticipate problems and ask for management assistance as needed.
- A high school education or equivalent preferred.
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, as needed, including back-to-back events as they are scheduled.
- Heavy work -- exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects such as tables, chairs, linens, carpet shampoo machines, dance floors, trolley cars, dolly carts, air walls, podiums, etc. Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time without sitting or leaning. Must possess ability to comprehend, follow instructions and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work in stressful, high-pressure situations. Must possess the ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
$15 - $16 per hour
About Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs,
Come work for a wonderful company. Located on Broadway in beautiful Saratoga Springs NY. Minutes away from the legendary Saratoga Race Course and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center and within walking distance of downtown. Hard work and dedication are not only recognized but rewarded at this wonderful facility.