Our busy events team is seeking a banquet server ready to go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service to our special event guests. We need someone courteous and attentive to welcome guests, serve meals and drinks, clear plates and utensils, and meet any special orders or needs that our guests may have. You will be working closely with other servers, banquet captains, and kitchen staff so we need a server with a team-first attitude. Our ideal candidate has worked in a customer service role in food service or the hospitality industry. If this describes you, apply now!
- Follow all food and safety guidelines as well as ensure that the entire team is adhering to the same food handling standards
- Walk around the room serving guests appetizers, meals, side dishes, drinks, and other items as requested
- Carry coffee pots, water pitchers, and other drinks around the room, refilling guests' cups and glasses as requested
- Take away plates from the table, replace utensils, and keep an eye out for spills or other special requests from guests
- Offer an outstanding guest experience from the beginning to the end of each banquet event
- Display superior communication and interpersonal skills interacting with guests and coworkers
- Experience working in food service is preferred
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent certification (GED)
- Possesses strong, organizational and time management skills
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
About Marriott Schaumburg
Marriott Schaumburg is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and boasts easy access to the highway for quick drives to downtown Chicago or O'Hare International Airport. Discover the shops at Woodfield Mall or LegoLand, both one mile from our hotel. After a productive day at Schaumburg Convention Center, unwind at TopGolf Chicago or continue your work at our hotel.