Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge
Our banquet team is looking for a courteous and attentive server who can provide our guests a great experience at special events. Our banquet servers are responsible for serving food and beverages to guests, clearing plates and silverware, and ensuring any special guest needs are met. This position requires a team-first approach since you'll be working closely with other servers, banquet captains, and kitchen staff to ensure the event runs smoothly. Our ideal applicant has experience in the food service or hospitality industry, preferably as a server. Apply today if this sounds like an exciting opportunity!
- Clear plates, replace silverware, and be mindful of needs guests have
- Ensure that you meet the needs and provide outstanding service for our guests for the entirety of any event
- Walk around the room serving guests appetizers, meals, side dishes, drinks, and other items as requested
- Assist with serving drinks by, carrying coffee pots, water pitchers throughout the room, refilling guests' cups and glasses as needed
- Review relevant food handling safety regulations to ensure that you and your team are following them
- Provides a pleasant banquet experience to customers
- Serves drinks and food while maintaining a clean and sanitary service area
- Attention to detail and presentation of banquet set-up
- Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Proven customer service experience with a strong guest-focused mentality
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Must have a team-first attitude and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to interact with guests and coworkers
$13 - $15 hourly
About Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge
The Crowne Plaza in Baton Rouge is the premier conference and event center in the surrounding market. We routinely provide quality service to all manners of guests and groups. With 300 rooms and 32,000 square feet of event space, we are the place for a high-volume on-site hotelier experience.
We routinely outperform competitors in a saturated market through superior quality and consistency for large gatherings. Award-winning banquet services, food service, and guest amenities including a 5000 square foot gym, newly renovated outdoor pool, and patio space.
We believe in a guest first, operations second aspect of doing business. One of the principal reasons we have outperformed competitors is due to our collective customer service bearing. We go above and beyond what is expected to ensure positive engagement and guest experience.