Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
The Executive Chef envisions and you bring his creations to life -- it might be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a grand banquet but you know how to get it right and take great pride in your abilities as a Cook. The kitchen can be full of action and activity but you thrive in such an environment, always working safely and following the established protocols. You are a professional -- knowing how much to order to stay within budget, how much to prepare based on the house count, how to keep clean, and how to handle food safely. The Chef has a great kitchen team and you are someone who contributes to that greatness (be it as Lead Cook, Line Cook, Pantry/Prep Cook, Breakfast Cook, etc.) while always learning new skills and developing your expertise.
- Be Great at What You Do -- Prepare amazing food from scratch working with our culinary leaders and following our recipes to produce consistent results.
- Be a Team Player -- The Cooks are responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of food items for all outlets and for maintaining a level of professionalism in the kitchen, working in harmony as a team so that the guest gets the food they ordered in a timely manner and leave happy.
- Be an Everything Clean and Organized Fanatic -- Professional Cooks know how to keep a work area clean and organized, following all sanitation and safe food handling procedures at every step.
- Be a Safety & Security Agent -- follow your hotel's established safety and security policies & procedures. Anticipate problems and ask for management assistance as needed.
- Prior cooking experience in a hotel kitchen or related field preferred.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use various pieces of kitchen equipment efficiently and safely.
- This job must perform medium work - exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body and arms, ability to work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Near Vision - the ability to see details at close range.
- Must be able to move quickly and agilely if a situation requiring quick assistance arises, and to work long hours as is often required.
- Must be able to multitask, must possess good communication skills; must be able to convey and understand information and ideas in English.
$18 - $20 hourly
About Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Stunning views, well-appointed rooms, and a host of bespoke experiences are waiting for you at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, a Rochester landmark with a history as rich as its future. Here, guests can indulge in an all-inclusive getaway, featuring our award-winning Horizons Modern Kitchen + Wine Bar, the Spa at Woodcliff, The Links at Woodcliff USGA-rated 9-hole golf course, and over 70 acres of hiking trails in our backyard. Recently named the top event venue in Rochester, Woodcliff offers over 14,000 square feet of event space, including our detached Event Center, for extraordinary weddings and unforgettable corporate events.
Of course, Woodcliff is a beautiful property, but without our associates, that's all it would be. It's our associates that have made us an industry-leading hotel, year after year, over three decades. If you share our passion for hospitality that shatters standards, we'd love to hear from you.