Topeka Plaza Hotel at City Center
Our thriving hotel is looking for a dedicated banquet manager who is passionate about giving our customers an amazing banquet event experience. You will guarantee that each guest receives world-class service by working directly with them to book banquet space and present options that match their needs and budgets. We also require someone with exceptional leadership abilities to supervise the banquet crew and maintain the best quality of hotel services. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with 3+ years of hospitality experience, preferably in management, and a strong commitment to client satisfaction. If this describes you, please apply as soon as possible!
- Relay all event orders to on-site banquet staff members so they are made aware of their duties and responsibilities
- Assess and document the outcome of each event to propel future improvement upon all processes
- Strengthen a customer-focused banquet event department continuously by developing policies, procedures, quality standards, and cost-cutting measures
- Provide an optimal level of event service by supervising the banquet area's daily operations, including ordering supplies, supervising event space set-up, and determining staffing levels
- Proficient in computer skills, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
- Over 3 years experience managing a team in a hospitality role, preferably in a food service capacity
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience. Higher education degree in hospitality or hospitality management is a plus
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
About Topeka Plaza Hotel at City Center
Come work at a great place, with a wonderful team! We have a lot of positions and you can find a great career in our hotel with the opportunity to advance.