Hilton College Station
The Hilton College Station is currently hiring a Banquet Captain.
SUMMARY: Responsible for supervising the banquet staff and acting as the lead server to ensure quality guest service at all hotel banquet functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Directs the set-up of banquet tables and areas for banquet functions.
- Reviews all function sheets for last-minute changes.
- Ensures that all guest requests are promptly addressed.
- Conducts pre-function meeting with staff to ensure the proper service and requirements of banquet functions with direction from the Banquet Manager.
- With direction for the Banquet Manager, assigns stations to servers, assigns side work functions, and ensures that all duties are completed before each server signs out.
- Coordinates and supervises all banquet activities to ensure that each course is served in accordance to the banquet event order.
- Completes final billing and presents to the customer contact for payment.
- Ensures that all payments are processed by the Front Desk. Provides prompt, professional, and courteous service during banquet meal functions.
- Functions as the lead server for banquet events.
- Performs tableside or buffet food service as required.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workstation.
- Informs supervisor of guest comments/complaints. Assists banquet associates when needed.
- Assists in the set-up and breakdown of banquet functions when business demands are high.
- Cleans tables of all glasses, silver, china, etc. during and after banquet functions.
- Greets guests and continually monitors to ensure quality guest satisfaction.
- Must wear the required uniform.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance
- Prior banquet and or event supervisory experience.
About Hilton College Station
Our hotel and conference spaces are less than two miles from Texas A&M University and the Northgate district. We're within 10 minutes of Kyle Field and the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library, with free shuttle service around College Station.