Beckett Law, LLC
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced bankruptcy paralegal to support our growing legal team. The ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to prepare and maintain legal documents, file motions, interview clients, and conduct legal research. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Prepare BK petitions, client update letters; pleadings and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Prepare weekly status reports to share with Owner of the company
- Initiate calls to clients and opposing counsel
- Enter all pending and completed work in our case management system
- Meet with clients in person or via zoom to gathering information about legal issues. Summarize, and report to attorneys
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- At least 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of bankruptcy paralegal experience working for an attorney in a law firm setting
$40,000 - $60,000
About Beckett Law, LLC
Beckett Law, LLC is the parent company to 2 subsidiary companies, one of which is Connecticut Bankruptcy, LLC. We are located in West Hartford, CT, and handle matters all across Connecticut.
We believe in compassionate, caring, and competent service to our clients. We hold all employees to a high standard, with an emphasis on quality legal work and superior customer service. Our employees work as a team to provide the most efficient services possible.
Applicants must be technologically savvy, quick learners, willing to adapt to new protocols, software, and efficiency standards. All employees are reviewed based on production and accuracy, and those that are able to meet and exceed their goals are rewarded accordingly.