Hooks Meng & Clement
We are seeking a Paralegal to become a part of our excellent team! We are litigators and counselors, and our practice is fast paced and challenging! We have a tremendous amount of legal experience in mentoring new team members.
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in legal services supervised by an attorney in a law firm setting in estate planning/probate or bankruptcy is preferred; however, no experience not disqualifying
- Preferred experience and proficiency in using Best Case bankruptcy software
About Hooks Meng & Clement
Hooks Meng & Clement PLLC is a full-service law firm specializing in industrial relations including corporate workers' compensation, insurance defense, OSHA, and lobbying services. We are a fast-growing, medium-sized law firm. There are excellent opportunities for growth!