- Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay ahead of the rapidly changing automotive technology world.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsive urgency to every customer no matter what service is required
- Uses form to understand customer service adviser's and customer service manager's instructions
- Maintains an organized neat and safe bay.
- Examine all vehicle systems such as the air conditioning, engine, transmission, and brake systems with a step-by-step approach
- When needed, conduct routine maintenance such as checking fluids, rotating tires, replacing brake pads, and oil changes
- Facilitate customer satisfaction and repeat business by following all manufacturer specifications for vehicle systems repairs
- Operate diagnostic equipment to accurately determine the cause of malfunction codes with the vehicle’s integrated computer system
- Follow protocols for tracking diagnostic tests and repairs, acquiring necessary Technical manuals, and more throughout our shop.
- Must have completed a post-secondary training program in automotive service technology; associate degree a plus
- GED or high school diploma is mandatory
- ASE certification or comparable standard service technician credential, such as SAE, is attractive
$30 - $45 hourly
About Phil's Service
Phil's Service is the only ASE Blue Seal auto repair shop in Killeen, Texas. We're family-owned established more than 9 years ago. We base our success on making great efforts to have our staff and customers enjoying a stellar experience with us. Phil's Service is a productive, fast-paced auto repair shop. Our employees are not just a number.
https://www.philsservice.com/killeen-2ndst/jobs for more information