Automotive Shop Foreman is responsible for the overall day-to-day Olsen Motorsports shop productivity and operations. This position is responsible to work as a team while supervising technicians and establishing effective working relationships. This position also includes but is not limited to leading and managing the team, communicating daily with technicians and upper management, using good judgment for all tasks at hand, and exercising independence in diagnosing, solving, and resolving work-related problems. Also, responsible to assess incoming work, assign work, perform work, meet deadlines, ensure cleanliness and organization, as well as prioritize tasks. The goal is to exceed customer expectations and needs while providing timely results and meeting the high standards of Olsen Motorsports. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and supervise technicians and their performance
• Train technicians in proper maintenance procedures, policy, and job safety
• Assess work as it arrives to the shop
• Assign repair maintenance work to technicians, inspect work in progress
• Assess part needs and communicate them timely
• Regularly assess and submit shop supplies needed
• Perform Journeyman-level repair, upgrades, and bodywork
• Provides detailed repair orders
• Initiate and review work orders, prioritize
• Enters and retrieves maintenance repair data
• Correctly report broken or missing equipment and tools
• Consistent communication with management, keeping management informed of problems
• Flexibility to adapt to change and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Ensure Quality Control and Olsen Motorsports standards are met with completion of each car
• Test Drive vehicle prior to customer release, You are responsible for final QC
• Accountable for shop productivity and shop efficiency
• Accountable for technician performance
• Accountable to uphold photo stream guarantee
• Follows direction and asks appropriate questions when necessary
• Daily upkeep of shop cleanliness standards i.e. mop floors, garbage removal
• Intergrade policies and procedures from upper management
• Provide upper management with feedback and devolve work optimization strategies
• All communications are done through E-Mail as well as verbally
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Consistently make responsible independent judgments and decisions
• Exercise the ability to diagnose and solve work-related problems, keeping management informed
• Perform ongoing administrative and management duties
• Prepare written reports as expected
• Uphold and exhibit values of respect and integrity
• Understand the automotive industry and trade
• Knowledge in diagnosis and repair
OTHER NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS:
• Possess a valid Illinois driver’s license at hire and maintain good standing
• Provide own hand tools and rollaway box
• Operate PC, iPhone, Tablet
• Proper use and care of tools
• Lift, move, and operate heavy tools/parts
• Maintain, clean, and organize shop equipment and tools
• Collaborate with the media department to produce content to promote business
• Required to work additional evenings/weekends to meet deadlines and customer expectations where necessary
• Take ownership of shop operations in absence of the General Manager
The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Job descriptions and requirements are subject to change at any time by Olsen Motorsports.
UNMATCHED AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE AND CUSTOMIZATION.
Backed by decades of experience, Olsen Motorsports proudly serves our customers with superior automotive service and repair.
Our skilled technicians are experts in a wide range of rare, and luxury makes and models with a specialization in Porsche service, restoration, and engine rebuilding. Delivering full concierge-style, white-glove service with unparalleled care and attention alongside technical and mechanical prowess.