We are seeking an experienced and quality-driven automotive technician to fill an open position in our car dealership’s service department. Our ideal candidate will be confident running diagnostics equipment to identify and complete automotive repairs to electrical and software systems. Join our team and continue to build upon your mechanical and technical skills. If you’re committed to delivering excellent customer service, and this position sounds like a good fit, apply today!
- Clearly articulate automotive repair issues and repairs needed to remedy them to both customers and auto mechanics
- Facilitate customer satisfaction and repeat business by following all manufacturer specifications for vehicle systems repairs
- When needed, conduct routine maintenance such as checking fluids, rotating tires, replacing brake pads, and oil changes
- Use diagnostic equipment, technical expertise, and the vehicle’s integrated diagnostic systems to identify and determine the cause of malfunction codes
- Examine all vehicle systems such as the air conditioning, engine, transmission, and brake systems with a step-by-step approach
- Completion of a certified post-secondary training program is mandatory; an associate degree is ideal
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Stellar customer service and communications skills are mandatory
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, or ASE certification is strongly desired
$12 - $14 hourly
About Street Toyota
"Where Quality is a Tradition"
Street Toyota in Amarillo, Texas was established in 1982. A new 58,000 square foot facility on 9 acres is now open at 45th and Soncy. This is a state-of-the-art facility and the customer's comfort has been emphasized from the ample parking right down to the gourmet coffee. Street Toyota is the first dealer in west Texas to become Signature Certified.
Street Toyota has been a valuable corporate citizen in the Panhandle area. They provide support to area nonprofit organizations such as United Way, Better Business Bureau, Amarillo Adult Literacy, Harrington Cancer Center, Meals on Wheels, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Amarillo Symphony, Amarillo Museum of Art, Amarillo Little Theater, Lone Star Ballet, Discovery Center, Globe News Center for the Performing Arts, CACHA (Hispanic Chamber of Commerce) and many other organizations.