Auto Mechanic - Installer/Remove & Replace
Meets company mission through efficiency, quality, and exceptional customer service. Exhibit core qualities such as dependability, attention to detail, safety consciousness, and quality work to contribute to creating “The Old Reliable Experience” for Leon’s Transmission customers, co-workers, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge to promote positive culture and values.
- Follow Leon’s Transmission Services policies and procedures, including assuring safety, and security of yourself and other employees.
- The Installer/R&R position’s primary responsibility is to remove transmission, transfer case, differential, and any other components that are in need of repair in a timely, orderly, and safe manner. Additional duties specific to this job function include:
- Inspect all surrounding components of the transmission such as:
- Leaks of any kind
- Any safety items that may need immediate attention.
- Work with co-workers to maintain timely work flows and the completion of assignments within appropriate time frames.
- Continuously keep work space clean, organized, and safe.
- Correctly install/repair any components that have been removed or damaged.
- Perform other mechanical tasks and shop tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager relative to employee’s knowledge, experience, and job function.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor and relationship with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years automotive mechanic and transmission experience.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive industry and parts.
- Work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate with broad range of people including co-workers, supervisors, customers, senior management, mechanics, and stakeholders for the company.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued education.
- Pass the mandatory employment physical and drug test.
$21 - $28 hourly
About Leon's Transmissions
For 60 years, Leon’s Transmission has built a reputation for quality workmanship and trusted transmission repair. All 9 of our Southern California service centers utilize cutting-edge tools and technology, and every one of our repairs is undertaken by one of our highly trained Master Technicians.
Our employees receive competitive compensation, excellent training, and opportunities to grow within the company.