Stang Auto Tech
If you’re a Master Tech still looking for ‘the right place’ and are ready to trade off the ‘sizzle’ of a shiny dealership for a thicker wallet and a better-balanced life, shoot us your info.
Owned by a Master Tech, Stang Auto Tech is an independent shop with a loyal customer base built around 30 years of skill, courtesy, and integrity. Master Technicians drive the work of Advisors and other staff who serve as your support team—not the other way around.
In addition to regular incremental raises and bonuses, Stang Auto Tech offers its established Master Technicians carte blanche in terms of training opportunities. You're compensated not only for all training and travel expenses but also when training takes you off the floor.
All Technicians Enjoy:
- Guaranteed full-time hours
- Regular cost-of-living increases
- Flexible work schedules
- All weekends off (we're closed weekends)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company match retirement program
- Company-funded pension plan for tenured employees
- Well-lit and environment-controlled workplace
- And much more. Just ask.
- Modern diagnostic equipment
- State-of-the-art paperless management system
- SurfacePros at each workstation for every Technician
- iPad tablets for digital inspections
- Bright and modern shop
- Skilled support staff
- A "just say no" attitude to drama
- Culture of trust and self-management
- Apply a checklist-based approach to ensure a comprehensive examination of all vehicle systems, including the engine, air conditioning, transmission, and brake systems
- Establish processes for tracking diagnostics and system repairs, maintaining up-to-date manufacturer specifications, and more
- Adhere to manufacturer specifications to maintain vehicle systems and ensure customer satisfaction
- Use diagnostic equipment, technical expertise, and the vehicle’s integrated diagnostic systems to identify and determine the cause of malfunction codes
- Clearly articulate automotive repair issues and repairs needed to remedy them to both customers and auto mechanics
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 5+ years automotive technician experience
- ASE Master Technician Certification (expired renewed within 6 months of employment)
- ASE L1 Preferred
- Strong diagnostic abilities
- Strong customer service and communications skills
- Comfortable working with most makes/models
- Skills to flag 40+ hours per week
- Must personally own mechanical tools
- Care about customers and quality of work
- Zero tolerance for unethical practices
$100,000 - $135,000 yearly
About Stang Auto Tech
Stang Auto Tech has been in business as an independent shop since 1980. Our customer base grew another 28% in 2021. Our customers continue to recommend us, and business continues to grow.
We believe that we all benefit from ethical behavior—in terms of pay, profit, and customer loyalty: It’s how we can offer all the perks of a large company while remaining agile, collaborative, and close-knit. It's how we create a positive, supportive environment with plenty of good customers and plenty of good work.
It feels good to have your integrity and commitment to quality rewarded, and we only invite people onto the team who like how that feels, too, and can deliver on that promise.