Weber is seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for local automation support at Weber, Inc. and must be able to communicate with external and internal customers.
- Higher-level service support for equipment troubleshooting
- Facilitate and train the use of existing troubleshooting tools from electrical Hardware supplier
- Drive quick problem solutions by facilitating communication with German software engineers
- Involvement in development projects for US market by supporting new developments with programmers at production facilities in Germany
- Support Engineering Team with development of US market-specific equipment
- Duties as assigned
- Excellent technical skills and be able to understand the operation of complex production systems
- Proficient knowledge of electric controls is mandatory
- Systematical problem-solving ability in combination with proper time management is essential
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of SPS programming IEC 61131 is helpful
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic controls and machine design is required
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- The employee must be personable with excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- The ability to work in a team environment will be essential
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and upper management
- Must be able to follow directions and take instruction
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or 5 years of proven work experience in a related field
- English and German — Professional Working Proficiency, required
Weber values the safety of our employees and customers. To ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all, Weber currently requires all U.S.-based new hires to have received at least 1 dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to their position start date. Second doses, if required, must be completed within 5 weeks of their start date. Weber will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
About Weber Inc.
The success of the Weber company is relatively easy to explain: Our convincing performance and service are cause for enthusiasm. With uncompromising high quality, innovative solutions. Our markets are changing at an incredibly high speed. That is why we remain in motion. That's why we are seeking the most talented people who want to work in an environment where they are supported, challenged, and encouraged to think beyond what's possible today. We believe in the perfect portion for our customers as well as our employees.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer exceptional benefits including:
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision, Life
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible and Health spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement