Naber Automotive Inc
Auto shop helper. Pay depends upon experience. Jobs include working with an experienced auto technician on some jobs, and doing lighter, simpler automotive repair, grounds keeping, property maintenance, inventory management, etc.
A person with the right automotive experience and technical prowess might be able to quickly advance to an automotive technician.
- Work with an experienced automotive technician and doing many automotive jobs as well as miscellaneous jobs necessary. in a busy automotive shop. May include grass cutting or other maintenance jobs for the buildings or for vehicles.
- Job may vary based on experience and ability to cooperate with other employees.
- Computer knowledge (PC, MAC, or automotive computer) is preferred since much of today's repairs involve computer programming, and using computers to diagnose vehicles. With the right attitude and work ethic, an automotive assistant can move up to full automotive technician and ASE certification in various topics.
- Diesel truck experience is very helpful also. We get a variety of diesel big, medium, and pickup trucks on a daily basis. We also service tractors.
- Electrical knowledge of circuits and electrical theory would be very desirable too.
- Positive attitude.
- Honest - any employee needs to be fully trustworthy as we have expensive tools, equipment, and expensive automotive inventory.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions exactly as outlined in repair manuals or with verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and comprehend English. Knowledge of Spanish would be a plus, but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude - the ability to understand mechanical and electrical systems is a plus but will train the right person.
- Drug-free - Absolutely no illegal drug use will be tolerated. No Marijuana or Alcohol use during the time at the work location.
$14 per hour DOE
About Naber Automotive Inc
Naber Automotive Inc is a family-owned, independent automotive repair, service, and sales dealership, for most makes and models of vehicles in all phases of automotive repair, serving Colorado since 1979. We have many customer vehicles as well as trade-in vehicles that need to be cleaned up and reconditioned. We have a large variety of equipment to repair vehicles to as close to factory specifications as possible. We have computerized wheel alignment equipment, computer scanners for repairing vehicles, programming ECM and other modules, and also program keys and key fobs.
We also have separate autobody and paint areas (including a 26' Devilviss paint booth) to accommodate autobody repair and painting. The owner is ASE master certified in mechanical/electrical repair as well as in autobody and he is proficient in all aspects of auto repair including PDR (Paintless Dent Repair). We have a mix of customer work as well as vehicles we purchase to repair and resell.