Law Office of Jennifer F. Novak
First, let’s talk about you.
- Are you excited that you could help create the perfect law firm?
- Are you motivated by helping real people with real problems?
- Do you love learning?
- Do you want the freedom to challenge yourself in a supportive and collaborative environment?
- Would you like to work on cutting-edge legal issues?
If you immediately said “yes,” keep reading and we’ll tell you more.
If you had to think about it, if this seems a little weird, if none of this resonated with you, we have good news for you. This is a great time to be a lawyer looking for opportunities…and one of them is perfect for you. Just not this one. Trust us.
Ready to keep going?
The Attorney is responsible for providing clients with legal advice, guidance, and representation, keeping in mind the client’s best interests. Responsibilities will include all areas of matter management, analysis, strategy, and preparation including, but not limited to:
- Meeting with clients and keeping them updated on matter developments
- Identifying clients’ objectives and using strategic and creative thinking to make appropriate recommendations to achieve those goals
- Caring about our clients and how difficult legal situations impact their lives and businesses
- Being diligent in obtaining necessary information from clients, agencies, opposing parties, and others
- Demonstrating exceptional legal research and clear, persuasive, writing
- Explaining complex, nuanced, legal concepts and technical information into clear, plain, English
- Understanding how to assimilate technical and scientific data and reports into legal analysis
- Being able to work on a matter from beginning to end
- Admission to the California State Bar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with technology and software
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to manage your schedule
- Growth mindset
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve your skills
- Ability to respect and work well with clients, experts, co-counsel, opposing counsel, and co-workers
- Ability to lead and delegate when appropriate, to best serve our clients
$110,000 plus bonuses
About Law Office of Jennifer F. Novak
We help business and property owners navigate the complex world of environmental law and regulations. We do so by treating others with respect, fairness, and empathy with a committed outcome to the greater good for the benefit of people and the environment.
Our firm is founded on the belief that the legal profession remains a noble calling, that lawyers are uniquely suited to lend aid to those who need help, and that we have a duty to do so.
This responsibility does not belong to only one type of cause or client. Nor does it look solely to whether the firm gains something –money, prestige, future work—from the endeavor.
We serve because it is the right thing to do.
This is your opportunity to unlock your own greatness while belonging to a truly special team that is united by a shared purpose to help others.