The Spiggle Law Firm
We are looking for an attorney with significant legal experience (5 - 10 years), preferably in employment law, to join our growing law firm. Attorneys at our firm have a great deal of autonomy to grow their own practice with the support of a top-notch legal team devoted to providing excellent legal service to those who have been fired or afraid that they might be. Please visit our website and review our YouTube video to learn more about our firm.
- Resolve cases efficiently by using communicating effectively with and working alongside senior attorneys and paralegals
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Maintain client files in an organized fashion to ensure up-to-date information is handy for other attorneys, paralegals and support staff
- Attend court hearings or other legal proceedings, perform legal research, and work with senior associate attorneys to provide legal advice
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents such as contracts, pleadings, briefs, affidavits, motions, and settlement agreements for contract negotiations and proceedings
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Has a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills required in order to work with clients, staff members and senior attorneys
- Applicants must have successfully passed the state bar exam
- At least 5 years of litigation experience, including at least one year of federal employment law experience.
- The firm will give preference to candidates with experience exceeding this minimum threshold.
Ideal candidates will have done one more of the following:
- First-chaired a deposition;
- Litigated a case through summary judgment in federal court;
- Litigated a case in the Eastern District of Virginia;
- Litigated employment cases, particularly under Title VII, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, and FLSA.
- Settled contingency fee cases.
- The firm will consider candidates with other types of significant litigation or trial experience.
Virginia Bar license strongly preferred. We will consider candidates willing to submit an application to waive into the Virginia Bar. Bar admission to DC and Maryland a plus.
$90,000 - $130,000
About The Spiggle Law Firm
The Spiggle Law is a boutique law firm focusing on empowering women who have been wrongly fired or are afraid that they might be. Mr. Spiggle is the author of several books on pregnancy discrimination including, “You’re Pregnant? You’re Fired!”
You can learn more about the firm at www.spigglelaw.com