Texas Criminal Defense Group
At the Texas Criminal Defense Group, our Texas AV-Rated DWI/Criminal Defense Firm continues to grow and thrive. Our Lubbock office is adding another attorney with the following MINIMUM qualifications:
- This position can be an entry-level position for a newly licensed attorney or a place for an experienced attorney;
- Familiarity with DWI and vehicle-related crimes (including ALR hearings) is a plus but not necessary;
- Ability to self-structure and manage cases from commencement through completion;
- Composed, refined, and professional in appearance, courtroom demeanor, and work product;
- Action-oriented, accountable, and motivated to defend clients zealously;
- Willing to appear in any courthouse in the Lubbock/ West Texas area.
- Attorneys at our firm have a unified focus: assisting our clients and defending their cases in court. Our attorneys are only seldom expected to assist in retaining clients. We do not accept any court-appointed cases. All cases are retained clients.
The successful applicant will enjoy a high-energy work environment, appreciate collaborating with colleagues, and be interested in continually observing ways to improve their advocacy skills. We inspire one another to provide exceptional work product. Every interaction with the firm's clients must be compassionate and with the understanding that we work to achieve the best possible outcome and deliver peace of mind to all who retain our services.
We have well-trained and experienced support staff and all computer and electronic resources required. We are committed to personal and professional development.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume (including salary expectations).
We do not care where you went to school, only that you know (or want to learn) your way around a criminal courtroom, inspire confidence in our clients, and can advance our excellent reputation. Our firm is intensely demanding, never a dull moment, and staffed by the finest people in the business.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Perform research, draft briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Advise clients by weighing available options toward a successful outcome and plan a course of action
- Represent clients in court to argue motions during legal proceedings
- Manage administrative assistants, paralegals, and law clerks
- Identify client conflicts and determine case strategies with options for resolution
- Well-versed in legal research software (Westlaw/Lexis)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is needed
- Must be able to handle heavy caseload with little supervision
J.D. from an accredited law school and a Texas Bar License.
$90,000 - $140,000
About Texas Criminal Defense Group
The Texas Criminal Defense Group is a Texas law firm that defends citizens accused of crimes. We have offices in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland, Dallas/ Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Houston. Our values are:
- Go the Extra Mile
- Results, Period
- People over Process Always
- Never-Ending Improvement
- Success Stories Daily