Beach Cities Estate Law
Are you a top-notch Trusts and Estates Attorney? Do you want to work at a firm with a work-life balance where your work really matters?
We are looking for an associate attorney with the experience and maturity to run a full caseload of estate planning and administration matters and handle all but the most complex matters with minimal supervision. You will have the opportunity to learn from senior attorneys on legal issues and you will provide legal counsel to existing clients. You’ll also be responsible for performing legal research, drafting documents, and keeping client files up to date. If you’ve successfully completed law school, passed the state bar exam, and have 3+ years experience in trusts and estates law, start your application today!
- Collaborate with clients, senior attorneys, and other team members to move matters toward resolution efficiently
- Draft a high-quality, timely work product (correspondence, estate planning documents, court petitions, strategy recommendations, settlement agreements, etc.)
- Prepare for and lead meetings with clients and their advisors
- Represent clients at hearings and other legal proceedings
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Perform legal research
- Organize and maintain files to ensure accuracy for other attorneys, paralegals, and team members
- Delegate work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitor/review their work
- Licensed to practice in law in the state of California
- 3+ years of Trusts and Estates law experience; able to spot issues, including income, estate, and property tax planning issues, in recommending strategies, and know where to find the rules to back up that strategy
- Incredible verbal and written communication skills; projects confidence and competence when dealing with clients
- Sees a “case file” as more than just paper—but as an opportunity to help someone; you have the empathy and compassion to give our clients outstanding representation
- Interested in generating new business to help grow our law practice
- Precise, detail-oriented, focused—ready to jump into a fast-paced environment
- Extremely self-sufficient and dependable, skilled at follow up and organization
- Reliable team player—teachable and excited to learn, and able to handle constructive criticism
- Comfortable with computers and technology (experience with practice and document management software, specifically, Actionstep and/or NetDocuments is a plus but not required)
$75,000 - $90,000 yearly
About Beach Cities Estate Law
Beach Cities Estate Law is a boutique trusts & estates firm serving the affluent communities in the South Bay area of Los Angeles (Manhattan, Hermosa, and Redondo Beach, and the PV Peninsula). We are centrally located in Torrance's business and commercial hub near the Del Amo Mall.
We seek exceptional people to become part of our team. Your contributions will be recognized, appreciated, and rewarded. If you are motivated by overcoming challenges and personal, professional, and financial growth, then this could be the right place for you.
Compensation is dependent on your experience. The compensation package includes base salary plus bonuses for performance. We offer a benefits package including health insurance and paid time off.