This is a training position for a Territorial Underwriter position. This individual will learn all the basic activities involved in the risk selection, quoting and issuing of renewal commercial and farm business in accordance with company policies and procedures. They will also be introduced to interviewing prospects and perform inspections of prospects and current insureds.
Once fully trained you may be asked to move within the State of Wisconsin where ever needed. You will then work from home. There will be some flexibility as to where in Wisconsin you will be asked to relocate.
- Evaluate risks for acceptability – risk selection, Construction, Occupancy, Protection, Exposure, Financial information, Loss history, MVR’s. Provides Loss Prevention recommendations.
- Follows company procedures, guidelines and Letters of Authority.
- Prepares complete instructions for the rating of quotes or the issuance of renewal policies to the Customer Service Unit.
- Documents the account file with underwriting thought process and justification for debits, credits and A-rates.
- While in training, works on renewal accounts as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business or related field preferred; or two to four years related experience; or combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated superior communications skills.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to operate a Personal Computer including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Additional education in CPCU or other industry related coursework preferred.
- Once fully trained you may be asked to move within the State of Wisconsin where ever needed. You will then work from home. There will be some flexibility as to where in Wisconsin you will be asked to relocate.
- Complete benefit package including health, dental life and LTD insurance and a matching 401(k) plan.
$50,000 - $60,000 based on experience
About Rural Mutual
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for 10 consecutive years and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.