- Do you enjoy solving intricate problems?
- Are you an analytical thinker who prefers working with a driven team to bring items to closure?
- Do you enjoy helping people achieve their goals?
- Do you enjoy fast-paced environments and time-sensitive projects?
- Do you enjoy working with a team that is accountable with a strong work ethic but is also enjoyable to be around?
- Do you work hard and play hard?
What We Offer
- A fast-paced work environment with a motivated and accountable team
- A career path from Associate Attorney to Partner
- A team that likes to have fun through firm-sponsored activities coordinated by the firm’s social committee
- An excellent work-life balance
- A firm that believes in charity, monthly contributions to employee-selected charities
- Competitive base compensation ($70,000 to $120,000 annual base salary)
- Additional compensation based on performance from defined incentives
- A modern office in a great location, Midtown Atlanta, GA.
- A firm with proven processes in place to support efficiency and accuracy
- On the job mentoring by senior attorneys and partners
- Mentoring on business development allowing the attorney to start building his/her Book of Business
- A firm culture second to none where everyone is focused on the success of the team
Generous benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Paid HSA health insurance (self) plus other health insurance options plus, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid group disability and life insurance policy
- 3% 401k match
- An annual retirement contribution from the firm’s profit-sharing plan which could result in $7,500 to $15,000 in additional 401K contributions
- Paid parking or monthly MARTA fare
A team committed to supporting the firm’s Core Values:
We care about the success and well-being of our clients, team members, and community. Our actions will serve others' best interests, reflect honesty, and manifest trust. We take pride in and responsibility for our work. We recognize differences as strengths. Our clients, like us, aren’t perfect. We handle client matters without condescension or judgment.
With the drive for high performance, we act with the end goal to achieve the best possible outcome. We resolve issues with expert legal services, personalized for each individual. We set realistic expectations for clients, focus on adding value, and do not sell services that cannot be delivered.
We are committed to clear, honest, and respectful communication: listening to understand; encouraging candid, constructive disagreement; and eliciting questions. Did our audience understand and respond? If not, we failed.
We are open to new ideas and ways of doing things. Just because it's always been done that way doesn't mean it's the best way. We are better together, and we accomplish great things when we collaborate, motivate, and mentor. Did we do our best?
- The Associate Tax Attorney handles all aspects of a client’s case. The Associate Attorney communicates directly with the client, working the case from the start through closure.
- The Associate Attorney will receive support from the firm’s senior attorneys in connection with the Firm’s tax controversy practice on both the federal and state levels.
- The cases an Associate Attorney could work on include matters related to examination, appeals, tax court litigation, voluntary disclosures, offshore asset compliance, innocent spouse, and collection alternatives (negotiating installment agreements, currently not collectible, and offers in compromise).
What We Are Looking For
- We are searching for an attorney who wants to work in Tax Controversy.
- The ideal candidate will care about the success and well-being of our clients, team members, and community. Their actions will serve others' best interests, reflect honesty, and manifest trust.
- The ideal candidate will set realistic expectations for clients, focus on adding value, and will not sell services that cannot be delivered.
- We are looking for the right person who wants to join a winning team and accountable team, and who wants to grow both financially and professionally with the firm.
- We want an attorney who believes in a work–life balance, who enjoys being a part of an excellent culture, and who is committed to the team’s success over theirs.
- We want someone who shows up not to get everything they want but to give everything they have.
- Provide input and feedback to maintain an excellent client experience
- Communicate effectively with clients and other counsel
- Work diligently under the supervision of senior attorneys
- Interact attentively with representatives from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and State revenue agencies
- Prepare and analyze client financial reports
- Handle case evaluation, risk assessment, and counseling on various complicated tax problems
- Accurately track time spent on each case
- Associate Attorney billable hour requirement is 1650 hours annually
- Manage workflow, complete tasks daily, ensure deadlines are satisfied, and ensure work is performed accurately, completely, and documented in the firm’s case management system
- Manage the case coordinators assigned to your cases
- Delegate research to the law clerks as required
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents for the IRS and state revenue agencies
- Utilize Bloomberg and other applicable platforms to conduct legal research
- Preferred tax controversy experience in a law firm, public accounting firm, or corporation but not required
- Must provide a cover letter demonstrating the applicant’s legitimate interest in tax law
- Have an active Bar license
- Proficiency in Adobe and MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Competency in solving unique problems
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects on-time
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively with other team members in a professional manner
- Professional experience with legal time-reporting and billing practices, including the ability to quickly become proficient in the firm’s legal practice management system
- Strong technical abilities
- Strive for personal improvement and a willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Adhere to the firm’s Core Values, which define the firm’s culture
$70,000 - $120,000
About Wiggam Law
Wiggam Law is an established tax law firm located in Midtown Atlanta; we were recognized as the 4th fastest-growing law firm in the U.S. in 2020 according to the Law Firm 500! We zealously advocate for our clients against the IRS, Georgia Department of Revenue, and other state revenue agencies.
We value integrity and teamwork, and while we have uncompromising standards of care and conduct, we love to have fun and reward our team for a job well done.