Wiggam & Geer
The Wiggam & Geer associate tax attorney will handle all aspects of a client’s case. This person will work closely with the firm’s senior attorneys in connection with the firm’s tax controversy practice on both the federal and state levels, including matters related to examination, appeals, tax court litigation, voluntary disclosures, offshore asset compliance, and collection alternatives (negotiating installment agreements, currently not collectible, offers in compromise, and bankruptcy).
Flexible Position Location
Telecommuting or remote location with quarterly in-person visits to the Atlanta, Georgia headquarters or Atlanta, Georgia in-office location (relocation package not available).
- Do you have tax controversy experience?
- Do you enjoy fast-paced environments and time-sensitive projects?
- Are you an analytical thinker who prefers working alone or with a small team, and can drive items to closure?
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical, and with training, a hands-on, self-reliant approach will be required.
- Communicate effectively with clients and other counsel
- Work efficiently under the supervision of the senior attorneys
- Provide input and feedback to maintain an excellent client experience
- Interact diligently with representatives from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state revenue agencies
- Prepare and analyze client financial reports
- Handle evaluation, risk assessment, and counseling on various complicated tax problems
- Accurately track time spent on each client’s case
- Manage workflow, completing tasks daily, ensuring deadlines are met, and work is completed correctly
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents for the IRS and state revenue agencies
- 1650 billable hour requirement
- Remote attorneys must demonstrate productivity (with a possible trial period, regular evaluations, and data tracking) to ensure Firm standards, required responsibilities, and clients’ needs are met
- At least three years of tax controversy experience in a law firm, public accounting firm, or corporation
- Active Bar license
- Proficiency in Adobe and MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Competency in problem-solving
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively with other team members
- Professional experience with legal time-reporting and billing practices including the ability to quickly become proficient in the Firm’s legal practice management system
- Strong technical abilities
- Strive for personal improvement and a willingness to accept constructive criticism
About Wiggam & Geer
We are a fast-growing tax and bankruptcy law firm located in Downtown Atlanta. We zealously advocate for our clients against the IRS, Georgia Department of Revenue, and other state revenue agencies. We value integrity and teamwork, and while we have uncompromising standards of care and conduct, we love to have fun and reward our team for a job well done.