Hargrave Family Law
We help good people end broken marriages by practicing family law differently, helping clients end marriages in a manner consistent with their values. Our clients deserve better than a process that ends in warfare. Divorce can become a period of remarkable growth and transformation when you focus on the future that you want to create rather than the past. People need to know that they have options when facing a divorce. We help them find a better way.
If you’re a collaborator at heart, let us hear from you. We are seeking the perfect match in a superior Attorney with at least 5-7 years' prior experience in a family law firm.
Please read this posting and subsequent emails carefully; we will automatically screen out and reject any candidate who does not follow all instructions during the application process.
This role in our firm is crucial to caring for our clients in both a compassionate and efficient manner and guiding them through our collaborative, cooperative approach. The perfect applicant must be able to:
- Creatively strategize and develop a plan for achieving client’s goals; think outside the box
- Assist in monitoring, prioritizing, organizing, and facilitating daily workflow for self, paralegals, support staff
- Monitor and promote effective daily operations and firm operational systems as they apply to client work; monitor case dockets, calendar, events, and deadlines; manage own calendars, oversee the scheduling of appointments, hearings; oversee tracking of deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Oversee, counsel, and mentor paralegals, supporting them in further developing expertise and skills; provide ongoing feedback to paralegals; provide input in the employee review process
- Mentor paralegals in developing case strategy and litigation plans
- Thoroughly prepare for hearings, trials, conferences, mediations; collaborate with paralegals and support staff regarding same
- Enter time accurately and contemporaneously into the Firm’s case management system; timely review client invoices to ensure accuracy as well as monitor case events
- Participate as necessary in addressing accounts receivable balances on client cases
- Participate in spreading the word about our firm and approach by engaging in marketing activities, including networking opportunities and events, writing blogs, conducting presentations, leading potential client consultations, maintain contact with former clients and lead sources, and other marketing activities as requested
- Assist the Owner and Executive Director in furthering the mission of the Firm as directed; assist Executive Director in implementing Firm policies, procedures, and other directives regarding paralegals and support staff
An Attorney at our Firm unequivocally has the following skills:
- Highly collaborative in nature; strong Interpersonal skills in working with clients, attorneys, court personnel, Firm members to foster a cooperative approach to minimize conflict
- Strong history of proactively moving client cases forward toward a timely resolution
- Proven ability in training and managing paralegals and support staff effectively
- Knowledge of personnel management skills
- Capable of creating an innovative solution unique to a family’s needs
- Quick-witted sense of humor to fit in with our highly-spirited team
$60,000 - $80,000
About Hargrave Family Law
Hargrave Family Law is a boutique family law firm specializing in divorce using collaborative, non-adversarial techniques and creative solutions. We are committed to finding the right solution for each of our unique clients, advocating for them to protect what matters most while never losing sight of their core values.
The particulars on benefits: Paid Holidays and PTO (eligible @ 90 days), Health Insurance benefits (eligible @ 60 days), Long Term Disability Insurance benefits (eligible @ 180 days), Retirement benefits (eligible @ 1 year), budget for State Bar Fees/Professional Organizations/CLE.
If you think you are the person we're looking for, and you meet ALL of the requirements and have ALL of the skills above, you should apply to receive your next steps.